[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pakenhamin

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by pakenhamin »

Feature suggestion. Is it possible to be able to implement an ability to save the satellite image and five day forecast as images for later sharing.

Alternative the ability to share either to facebook or other social media site would be nice.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

pakenhamin wrote:Feature suggestion. Is it possible to be able to implement an ability to save the satellite image and five day forecast as images for later sharing.

Alternative the ability to share either to facebook or other social media site would be nice.
please example images
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

So I was getting some browser lockups and general slugglishness overall with my home laptop and work laptop so I started monitoring CPU and memory usage over the last couple of days. I was noticing that any link I followed on any site was regularly adding 200 to 400 MB, sometimes up to 600 MB with each page load. The memory was not releasing quickly at all, so I could regularly drive the reported memory usage up to 4 to 5 GB pretty quickly. This is memory usage as reported by Windows 10 task manager. When I disabled forecastfox, the behavior stopped. I created a blank profile and only added this extension and was able to replicate the problem.

Anything I can do to help you find the cause?
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

smsmith wrote:Anything I can do to help you find the cause?
this problem was in the previous version 4.12 - 4.13....
you can try again your problem on current version 4.14?
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/foreca ... x-version/
Fudeba

Post by Fudeba »

How to get old interface style back?

I love this format:

I reverted to previus version, and disable automatic updates, until have option to back to old style interface.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Fudeba wrote:How to get old interface style back?

I love this format:

I reverted to previus version, and disable automatic updates, until have option to back to old style interface.
Sorry, but this is not possible in newer versions of Firefox
pschroeter

Post by pschroeter »

I want to suggest an option that that can be selected to move the Radar, 5 Day forecast, ect buttons to the other side of the forecast bar. What I want to do is recreate the layout that Forecast Fox used to existed when FF had a status bar. I like to leave the forecast bar collapsed in the lower left corner and be able to quickly check the radar without having to "click to expand" to keep the bar open, then navigating to the other far end.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

pschroeter wrote:I like to leave the forecast bar collapsed in the lower left corner...
pschroeter wrote:...quickly check the radar without having to "click to expand"
McRoger

Post by McRoger »

Hi There,
I love Forecastfox, it works really good. However I would like to know why the "Show the temperature on the button" is grey. It should be red. Sometime when I start Firefox the temperature on the button is RED but soon after it changes to grey. It is really disappointing. The temperature in RED color it looks much better and easy readable.

I would appreciate your response and the changes the designers and developers could make to convert in RED the temperature on the button.

Thanks

McRoger
pag77

Post by pag77 »

McRoger wrote:...I would appreciate your response and the changes the designers and developers could make to convert in RED the temperature on the button...
red color occurs if there are any problems: it is not possible to obtain weather data, or a storm is approaching, or etc...
but be patient - in the future version I will be able to custom change the color of the button, forecastbar, etc.
adpucci

Post by adpucci »

hi there pag77, ff ERS 52.0.1 and forecastfox 4.14 - does the new non working issue mean that I cannot change my location dynamically any more, but have to go to the options page (via the add-ons manager)each time?
because if yes, the extension is totally useless to me now: cannot see it on any bar, cannot change locations when I travel, I am perfectly able to look out of the window to see what the weather is like

is there a way to change location dynamically?

:cry:
Last edited by adpucci on March 20th, 2018, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necronomicon

Post by Necronomicon »

Can you fix ForecastFox in two matters:

1. Pressure is showing mmHg and there is no option to change it to mbar.
2. When radar (or satellite) is off it still shows it.

Marked with red
i7 2600K@4.2, NH-U12S, ASUS P8P67 Pro V.3.1, 16GB HyperX Gray@1600, MSI GTX1060 6GB GamingX, Samsung SSD Pro 256GB, WD 1TB;3TB, CM 690 II Advanced/Seasonic 850W KM3, SoundBlaster ZX/Samsung HT-WS1G/AKG K92, ASUS 24B3ST, Logitech M705 / K270, X360 wireless gamepad, LG 42LF652V, Win 10 x64 Pro
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Necronomicon wrote:1. Pressure is showing mmHg and there is no option to change it to mbar.
Forecastfox - Settings
Necronomicon wrote:2. When radar (or satellite) is off it still shows it.
setting to turn off the radar - this is only for the Forecast bar
if you do not like the default radar - you can switch to windy:
KeiteH

Post by KeiteH »

Hi pag77,

just an idea...
i like the data of windy.com and that it's available as radar image here is +1 for me, i really like this.
I already have a profile (with username and pwd) at windy.com for a longer time and it would
be really great, if you could support the use of these profiles here in forecastfox too.
I know this is only a "nice to have", but maybe in the future... as i wrote: just an idea... ;-)
In the meantime, i appreciate your extention very much, thanks for your work!
CU
pag77

Post by pag77 »

KeiteH wrote:if you could support the use of these profiles here in forecastfox too.
sorry, I did not understand your idea.
can you tell in more detail with screenshots/images?