Nightly Troubleshooting Information

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
lolka_bolka

Re: Nightly Troubleshooting Information

Post by lolka_bolka »

lolka_bolka wrote:I am using 42.0a2 (2015-08-16).

The problem is, the console always shows me errors. But only the counter incrasing, there are not any error messages.

It incrase the error count, when I am move my mouse between the tabs area and the address bar / search bar.

I found what causes this. In the error console, this is a warning:

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 2015.08.18. 9:20:24
Warning: Property contained reference to invalid variable.  Error in parsing value for 'color'.  Falling back to 'inherit'.
Source File: chrome://browser/skin/devedition.css
Line: 221, Column: 8001
Source Code:
 var(--url-and-searchbar-color)

If I am switching the theme to Default, I do not get the warnings anymore.
mucfuddle

Post by mucfuddle »

I'm not sure if this is a problem or just me being anal.

I keep the Sync icon on the tool bar, after starting Nightly the Sync icon turns blue, spins a little stops, turns grey again and I am happily synced across machines and version profiles. Every now and then, the icon doesn't stop spinning, just keeps on going and going and going. There seems to be no loss of function, everything appears to sync ok but the icon never stops spinning? This has only ever happened with Nightly (across different versions over say the last 6 months or so) Doesn't happen often. I have tried disconnecting and then reconnecting to Sync, even tried deleting the Weaver directory in the profile but it keep on spinning. A complete refresh of the Profile does solve the problem but that takes time and effort. Anyone have an idea why it happens and how to stop it?
revvo6

Post by revvo6 »

A minor issue with Windows 10. It's obviously due to the border size change.

This is an image of the latest Nightly being snapped to the left side of my screen.

This is the problem after re-launching the browser. A small part of the desktop is visible.

Thunderbird has the same problem.

Forgot to add. Native resolution is 1920x1200.
koboltzz

Post by koboltzz »

Just a question... they are doing some things to touch recognition code. In latest nightly (46.0a1) touch is broken.
The 'dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled=2' do not work anymore. Anyone know what to do, to get touch input back?
ander13

Post by ander13 »

Nightly installer freezes after about 90%-95% being done, link has been created on desktop. I see changing text like "Compatibility with more of your favorite sites", "Build-in privacy tools for safer browsing"
Window can't be closed.
trolly

Post by trolly »

System specs?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
LRC1962

Post by LRC1962 »

I know I am not supposed to double post. Started my own topic, but just found this and seems a better spot. Latest nightly update has given me a big problem.
Update approx. midnight Mar 16. OS is Linux, Desktop is KDE. Tested in safe mode also with same result.
Problem is that only the top left corner (if expanded to full desktop window about 5% of the area) actually is working browser. if resizing to greater then that 5% or expanded to full window then all I can access using mouse is whatever is under the browser that I visually can see.
I can not even access the website address section because it is too far over for it to be clickable. Pages that have already been loaded I can see the page, but other then that corner nothing on that page including scrolling works as in reality I am only accessing the desktop itself.
Will wait untill new update and see if it is fixed.
LRC1962

Post by LRC1962 »

Newest update fixed the issue. Thanks
mmoy

Post by mmoy »

Could someone tell me what the build differences are between the nightly and release builds?

Do the nightly builds build with PGO?
Are they built debug mode?

Also, is there a directory of nightlies as I'm trying to isolate a bug and would like to do a binary search on a range of nightlies.
Dell E521 X2 5600+ MacBookPro 17'' 2.5 Ghz Penryn Dell M1330 2.0 Ghz Merom 4 GB Vista x64 Compaq r3000z AMD 64 3200+ (Win 32/64) PowerMac G5 1.8 Ghz MMOY-1.5 (OSX 10) Inspiron 8500, 4100, 4000, Dimension 2300 MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz HP E6600 HP X2 4400+
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Probably better off asking in the Nightly thread but this may help
https://blog.nightly.mozilla.org/2017/0 ... n-windows/
List of Nightly builds
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Mark12547

Post by Mark12547 »

For binary searches, I concur with malliz: use mozregression-gui and let it attempt to do the binary searches for where the problem occurred. If it is a hard failure introduced by a specific patch, mozregression-gui can usually find it. But if it is an intermittent bug, mozregression might not find it because you have to identify if the test run has the bug or not, and for intermittent bugs you don't really know if the bug really isn't present or just wasn't triggered on that run.
xerces8

Post by xerces8 »

My nightly got stuck on version: 79.0a1 (2020-06-26) (64-bit)

The about dialog claims it is up to date.

How to trigger an update?