Just started with Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
pint_2

Just started with Thunderbird

Post by pint_2 »

Just started to use thunderbrid instead of windows livemail 2011/windows mail
hope you can answer a few questions:

Ive managed to get it showing my google calendar, in te events pane ( upcoming events) is there anyway to extend the upcoming events to more than 4 weeks?

Deleted items folder, i use multiple email accounts, is there a global delete all ( ie from all mail accounts)

Attachments - is it possible to drag and drop attachments into e-mails?

Read receipt, in windows live mail there is an option for a read receipt, this appears to be missing??

same email to multiple people, i have a few mailing lists set up with a semi colon separating them such as joe.blogs@isp.com; fred.blogs@isp.com; jane.blogs@isp.com ie email address semi colon, space next email address semi colon space email address semi colon and so on this doesn't appear to work in Thunderbird?
LIMPET235

Re: Just started with Thunderbird

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

1. That would be better asked in the Calendar forum. You may wish to create a new topic on the question in that location.

2. Deleted items -- Essentially, no, there is not. But how is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.

3. Yes.

4. Did you try menu path Options->Return receipt while in Thunderbird's composition window?

5. The use of semi-colons as a separator is a non-standard anomaly of Microsoft email programs. The Internet standard for lists of that sort is to use a comma instead. Also see this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mailing_lists
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

pint_2 wrote:Just started to use thunderbrid instead of windows livemail 2011/windows mail
Deleted items folder, i use multiple email accounts, is there a global delete all ( ie from all mail accounts)
This add-on may work:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... /empty-em/
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

sfhowes wrote:
pint_2 wrote:Just started to use thunderbrid instead of windows livemail 2011/windows mail
This add-on may work:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... /empty-em/
Oops. I misread the question on that. Thanks for providing that suggestion.
pint_2

Post by pint_2 »

thanks, cant get the add on to work, it says not compatible

Also why are manualy typed in email addresses shown in red?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

why are manualy typed in email addresses shown in red?
That indicates that Thunderbird has not found the entered address in its Address Book files.
cant get the add on to work, it says not compatible
See if this one is what you want -- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... src=search
pint_2

Post by pint_2 »

Thanks, the add on doesnt appear to do anything

Also how can you add an event to Google calendar, all i get is "An error occurred when writing to the calendar Google calendar!"
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

pint_2 wrote: Ive managed to get it showing my google calendar, in te events pane ( upcoming events) is there anyway to extend the upcoming events to more than 4 weeks?

Also how can you add an event to Google calendar, all i get is "An error occurred when writing to the calendar Google calendar!"
Both best asked in the Calendar Forum
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5