2 AT&T accts don't work on 1 PC, but are fine on another

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Peter Creasey

2 AT&T accts don't work on 1 PC, but are fine on another

Post by Peter Creasey »

DanRaisch wrote:OK try also copying over the files cert8.db, key3.db, and signons.sqlite, again from the working profile to the non-working profile. And again, rename the files on the problem side before pasting in the files from the working profile.
Dan, no go! I did what you said along with the prefs file and SeaMonkey 2.48 didn't like the upgraded file(s) and wanted me to do a reinstall.

I deleted the upgraded files and SM seems to back to being launchable.

NOTE: This issue is back on the earlier problem on a PC with Windows XP and SeaMonkey 2.48, the 2 AT&T accounts just cycle and don't do anything on retrieval. The accounts work fine on another PC with SM 2.49.2 and exactly the same settings.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
DanRaisch

Re: 2 AT&T accts don't work on 1 PC, but are fine on another

Post by DanRaisch »

Peter, this would be a lot easier to follow if you would stick to one thread per issue. Things get very confusing when bits and pieces of a discussion are in multiple threads.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Dan, the dialogue on this issue was tabled and was mixed up with with the compuserve pop/imap thread. At that time, we thought the compuserve and ATT issues might have been connected. No question, things were an intermingled mess for a while until they got sorted out.

I figured it would be easier to break it out to a thread on its own now that we know it is a separate SeaMonkey issue having to do with an XP PC and SM 2.48.

When we tabled this issue, we had just tried to fix the components in the problem profile folder but the insertion of the 4 components caused SeaMonkey to be unlaunchable. I had to restore the prior copies of the 4 components before SM would launch.

Please tell me what can I do to be accommodating with this issue and I'll try to get it done. I'm happy to do whatever makes sense.

Thanks!
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

OK, I see what you're saying.

Have you tried to install SeaMonkey 2.49.2 on the XP machine?
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Dan, my understanding from reading here is that SM 2.49.2 is not suitable for XP so, no, I have carefully avoided the upgrade.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
frg

Post by frg »

> Dan, my understanding from reading here is that SM 2.49.2 is not suitable for XP so, no, I have carefully avoided the upgrade.

I am using 2.49.2 under XP myself. Works fine for me. The 2.49.x releases are still supported on XP. Just back up your profile in case you want to go back to 2.48 and try it. 2.49.3 is already in the works. Hopefully next week if the last osx builder doesn't quit before. ewong has some problems with it and the new infrastructure is still in the works.

You can pick 2.49.3 candidate 1 if you like:

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonk ... ned/win32/

Missing a sec fix but so is 2.49.2. Build 2 which should be the final is underway.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Peter Creasey wrote:Dan, my understanding from reading here is that SM 2.49.2 is not suitable for XP so, no, I have carefully avoided the upgrade.
Nope, that's not right -

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14751967

Plus, I've used 2.49.2 on XP....
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

Thanks, guys, that's good to hear. I'll upgrade my XP PC.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

DanRaisch wrote:OK, I see what you're saying. Have you tried to install SeaMonkey 2.49.2 on the XP machine?
Dan etal, okay, good news all the way around thus far.

I upgraded the XP PC to SM 2.49.2, then took the 4 files (cert8, key3, signon.sqlite, and prefs) from the PC with the good profile and pasted them as replacements in the PC with the bad profile.

So far, everything seems to be working now.

My thanks to all the helpful SM folks here, especially in this case, Dan.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. And thanks for reporting back with the results.