adding permenant message to mails

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
shakushinnen

adding permenant message to mails

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
I am so tired of people replying to me and not including the message thread, that I would like to add a request to the top of each mail I send to include the thread or set their mail program to include the threat or ?? If anyone has a better idea, or way of wording this request and how to do it, please let me know.
Thanks,
..... john
DanRaisch

Re: adding permenant message to mails

Post by DanRaisch »

Other than noting that you would probably be wasting your time, I have no suggestions. People are more likely to ignore that request when replying or see it and then delete it in their replies. Folks have their own habits and customs and those can be pretty hard to change/break.
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi Dan,
Thanks for your insights. You're probably right, but I would still like to 'say' something.
Can a message like this be incorporated into my mails, ideally at the top of the page; and if so, do you have any idea as to how that would be done?
... john
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You could use a Template document with the desired text and start every new messages using that template. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Message_templates

Alternatively you could use something like this extension -- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... src=search
Compose your text and it paste into each new messages as you compose them.
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

shakushinnen wrote: Can a message like this be incorporated into my mails, ideally at the top of the page; and if so, do you have any idea as to how that would be done?
John, very simply! Create a template with the message/setup you prefer and then use that template to compose your messages into.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi Pete,
Thanks. I guess that's pretty much what Dan was suggesting. I've done that, and will see how it works.
Thank you both for your help.
..... john
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

shakushinnen wrote: I've done that, and will see how it works.
John, you're welcome.

Actually, I've just thought of another way you probably can do it. Add your message to your saved signature, then skip a few lines down in your saved signature before your signature appears. Then have that saved signature always appear when you compose messages. Then when composing a message, type your text on the lines between your message and your signature.

I can't think of why that won't work for you.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete