[EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
MorpheusUK

Re: [EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Post by MorpheusUK »

I've noticed the this extension seems to cause FF 59.0.x to lockup after a while and the only way to solve the issue is to restart using the -safe-mode flag and disable it. If I reinstall it at times it seems to be okay for a while before starting again. I think it could be a conflict witth another extension as a guess as this was the last one I added. I am currently running the following other extensions:

Bookmark Tab Here 0.4
Brief 2.5.5
CanvasBlocker 0.4.4b
Chrome Store Foxified 3.4
Cookie AutoDelete 2.1.2 t
Copy Text Link 1.1.0
Form History Control (II) 2.0.3.2
FoxyTab 2.11
Google Translator for Firefox 3.0.3.1
Group Speed Dial 8.8
HTTPS Everywhere 2018.4.3
Kaspersky Protection 5.1.94.24d-20171109154438
NoScript 10.1.7.5
Open With 7.1
Print Edit WE 21.6
Rotate and Zoom Image 1.4
Shortcuts for Google™ Products 1.1.7
Tab Session Manager 3.1.0
uBlock Origin 1.15.24
Undo Closed Tabs Button 0.1.6
URL Link 3.3.0
User-Agent Switcher 0.1.4
Zoom Page WE 8.2
Download Manager (S3) 5.5

Installed but disabled (at present) :-
Kee 2.3.19.1
Tab Mix WebExtension (experimental) 0.0.1.1802021beta

Is anyone else experiencing this, it causes FF to either hang as not responsive.

Thanks
Morpheus
brand404

Post by brand404 »

BUGS:

1. When you dbl-click a finished download to have it launched and you DO NOT "Keep a download history" (unchecked) then i notice the downloads are indeed preserved in the download history. Seems more logical to clear out this history even when dblclicked. The same thing happens when you cancel a download.

2. When you dbl-click a file being downloaded it pauses and outlines it with the Pause color (default: red outline). But when you resume via dblckick (or via context menu) the red outline remains visible even though the file resumes. It should remove the red outline or the user will think the file continues to be paused even though it isnt.

3. Cancelled files never get removed from the status bar. I would think it should after the designated amount of "clear after" seconds.

4. Limit the displayed filename length to stay within the width of its download bounding box. Right now, if the file name is long enough it will overflow into the download bar area...messy.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

MorpheusUK wrote:I've noticed the this extension seems to cause FF 59.0.x to lockup after a while and the only way to solve the issue is to restart using the -safe-mode flag and disable it. If I reinstall it at times it seems to be okay for a while before starting again. I think it could be a conflict witth another extension as a guess as this was the last one I added. I am currently running the following other extensions:
You can temporarily disable the other add-ons and check again your problem
brand404 wrote:1. When you dbl-click a finished download to have it launched and you DO NOT "Keep a download history" (unchecked) then i notice the downloads are indeed preserved in the download history. Seems more logical to clear out this history even when dblclicked. The same thing happens when you cancel a download.
Settings: General: "Clear a finished download after opening it" ?
brand404 wrote:2. When you dbl-click a file being downloaded it pauses and outlines it with the Pause color (default: red outline). But when you resume via dblckick (or via context menu) the red outline remains visible even though the file resumes. It should remove the red outline or the user will think the file continues to be paused even though it isnt.
I'm sorry, but I can not reproduce your problem :(
brand404 wrote:3. Cancelled files never get removed from the status bar. I would think it should after the designated amount of "clear after" seconds.
"clear after" - this option only for finished downloads
brand404 wrote:4. Limit the displayed filename length to stay within the width of its download bounding box. Right now, if the file name is long enough it will overflow into the download bar area...messy.
Did you change the appearance settings (font size, download item size, etc)?
MorpheusUK

Post by MorpheusUK »

pag77 wrote:
MorpheusUK wrote:I've noticed the this extension seems to cause FF 59.0.x to lockup after a while and the only way to solve the issue is to restart using the -safe-mode flag and disable it. If I reinstall it at times it seems to be okay for a while before starting again. I think it could be a conflict witth another extension as a guess as this was the last one I added. I am currently running the following other extensions:
You can temporarily disable the other add-ons and check again your problem
Thanks, I think it was something a bit more fundamental with my profile as after a while it started to do this with other extensions as well. I eventually poked around in my profile a little and compared with backups and found some files missing relating top the password manager restoring those fixed the lock-ups. Been a few days now without a reoccurence so hopefully all is good.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 5.6
Mozilla Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3download-statusbar/
Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... plegmcmjda

changes:
added: Settings: General: Context menu: Show Download Bar
updated: Nederlands locale (thanks Tonnes)
updated: Korean locale (thanks VenusGirl)
fixed: show tooltips for Google Chrome
fixed: minor bug fixes
brand404

Post by brand404 »

Much appreicated @Pag77 for the reply and a BIG THANK YOU for continuing this necessary extension. I've tried out alternatives when this extension wasnt working in Quantum and woe...disturbing. Anyway, lets go through your reply...

As a heads up...at the bottom of my reply i've attached my existing Settings in case you want to try them out.
pag77 wrote:
brand404 wrote:1. When you dbl-click a finished download to have it launched and you DO NOT "Keep a download history" (unchecked) then i notice the downloads are indeed preserved in the download history. Seems more logical to clear out this history even when dblclicked. The same thing happens when you cancel a download.
Settings: General: "Clear a finished download after opening it" ?
Yup that was already checked on. I just did a test right now to run through each to verify the problems ive been having to see if maybe your new released fixed them or if it had something do with my settings. Just in case, i use this DOwnload Test Files site to verify things: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download

For example, just now i dloaded the 20MB test file then rclicked and "Cancel Download". When i do this i see the download remains in the download bar permanently (doesnt clear) and when i bring up FireFox's Download window i see it displayed there too. Now, when i click the "Clear" button or "Clear All Finished" and check the Downloads window i still see that cancelled download. Granted, this download was never "finished" maybe that is the problem? It would be nice to have a way to auto clear even cancelled downloads...including removing it from the Downloads window too.
pag77 wrote:
brand404 wrote:2. When you dbl-click a file being downloaded it pauses and outlines it with the Pause color (default: red outline). But when you resume via dblckick (or via context menu) the red outline remains visible even though the file resumes. It should remove the red outline or the user will think the file continues to be paused even though it isnt.
I'm sorry, but I can not reproduce your problem :(
Not much else i can add to this. I just tried it out again and it still has the same coloring issue. Since u are unable to recreate it this must indicate it is probably a coloring issue since i have customized my appearance. But i dont think i changed the Pause color. But as it stands when i dbl-click a download it pauses with a red outline and then when i resume the red outline stays there even when you cancel the download.
pag77 wrote:
brand404 wrote:4. Limit the displayed filename length to stay within the width of its download bounding box. Right now, if the file name is long enough it will overflow into the download bar area...messy.
Did you change the appearance settings (font size, download item size, etc)?
Unfortunately no i did not. It's using the defatul Firefox font size, type, look (not bold or anything). It seems to only have a problem when the filename is just really long without spaces...for example: This_Filename_Is_REALLY_REALLY_REALLY_Long_In_Size_That_It_Will_Confuse_Download_Manager_(S3).rar

Code: Select all

current_locale=en
first_run=false
function.askOnDelete=false
function.removeOnOpen=true
function.removeOnShow=true
function.dblclickClearPanel=true
function.clearFiletypes=*
function.timeToClear=10
function.clearFiletypesKeepHistory=false
function.popupNotification=false
function.soundComplete=false
hotkeys=[]
style.default=false
style.version=60
style.progressbar_color=#ff7900
style.finishedHbox_color=#59a901
function.useAnimation=false
style.useGradients=false
display.mainButton=false
display.clearButton=true
display.hideButton=false
display.summaryProgress=false
style.speedColorsEnabled=false
function.numToShowCompleted=15
display.percent=false
display.size=false
downbar_is_collapsed=false
function.showTooltip_hint=false
style.downbar_color=#7d7d7d
style.progressremainder_color=#a3a3a3
style.pausedHbox_border_color=#d50005
style.filenameLabel_color=#ffffff
style.contextmenu_bgcolor=#d6d6d6
style.contextmenu_text_color=#1e1e1e
style.notdoneHbox_color=#868686
downbar_show=true
downbar_position=bottom
downbar_exclude_links=[]
display.speed=true
display.time=true
function.ignoreFiletypes=ts
function.autoFiletypes=
function.showTooltip=true
function.keepHistory=true
function.trimHistory=false
function.numToTrim=50
function.clearFinishedAfterCloseBrowser=false
function.hideStatusbarAfterAllFinished=false
function.hideStatusbarAfterAllFinishedTime=0
function.virusScan=false
function.virusExclude=jpg, jpeg, gif, png
function.virusMode=checksum
function.virusAutoScan=false
function.queueMode=false
function.queueNum=3
function.queueIgnoreSizeKB=0
function.popupNotification_filesize=0
function.popupNotification_timesize=0
function.popupNotification_ignore=
function.autoOpenFolder=false
context_menu.downloadbar_show=true
style.filenameLabel_size=9
style.downbar_height=60
style.progressIndicator_size=5
style.tooltipFontSize=9
style.hbox_width=170
style.hbox_height=20
style.button_text_color=#222222
style.button_text_size=9
style.contextmenu_text_size=9
style.speedColor0=#708FB5
style.speedColorKB0=0
style.speedColor1=#81A5CE
style.speedColorKB1=50
style.speedColor2=#8FB9E8
style.speedColorKB2=200
style.speedColor3=#9AC5F7
style.speedColorKB3=400
function.soundCustomCompleteFile=
function.soundCustomCompleteData=
function.soundCompleteIgnore=
function.soundComplete_filesize=0
function.soundComplete_timesize=0
display.dateTimeFormat=%Y.%m.%d - %H:%M:%S
display.mainButtonFromLeft=true
display.clearButtonFromLeft=false
display.hideButtonFromLeft=false
display.summaryProgressFromLeft=false
function.placeDownloadsFromRight=true
function.placeDownloadsScrollToNew=true
popup.sort_direction=descending
DL.openInWindow=false
DL.showCreateNewButton=true
DL.showPauseButton=true
DL.showResumeButton=true
DL.showCancelButton=true
DL.showRemoveButton=true
DL.showTooltip=true
DL.showTooltip_hint=true
DL.switchDownloadsTab=false
DL.dateTimeFormat=%Y.%m.%d - %H:%M:%S
DL.confirmDeleteSystem=true
DL.confirmDeleteHistory=true
DL.sortName=DateTime
DL.sortDirection=descending
DL.fields_list={"FileName":{"size":1.2,"disabled":false,"order":1},"FileExt":{"size":0.4,"disabled":false,"order":2},"FileFullPath":{"size":1.5,"disabled":false,"order":3},"FileSize":{"size":0.8,"disabled":false,"order":4},"Progress":{"size":1.5,"disabled":false,"order":5},"ProgressPercent":{"size":0.4,"disabled":false,"order":6},"Speed":{"size":0.6,"disabled":false,"order":7},"TimeRemaining":{"size":0.6,"disabled":false,"order":8},"URL":{"size":1.5,"disabled":false,"order":9},"Domain":{"size":0.6,"disabled":false,"order":10},"DateTime":{"size":0.8,"disabled":false,"order":11}}
tortino

Post by tortino »

hi,
I'd like an option to open the parent folder by double clicking on the completed download.
thanks.

edit: I saw your comment on mozilla addons page: I still prefer an option to choose the default on double click only, without ctrl.
thanks.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi guys,
A really simple Q? from this "dumbo."
After searching for & finding no reference to the Q? anywhere,
I finally decided to ask here.

Please put me out of my misery...... Image

Exactly how does one change/set the default D/L folder of ones choice?
It's chucking everything into the "Appdata/......../Temp" folder & I don't want them in there.

Running Firefox v57.
Ta muchly.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Well, thank you one 'n' all.
I finally found that one of my "about:config"
settings/prefs was set in-correctly.
I can now save to wherever I require.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
pag77

Post by pag77 »

brand404 wrote:Yup that was already checked on. I just did a test right now to run through each to verify the problems ive been having to see if maybe your new released fixed them or if it had something do with my settings. Just in case, i use this DOwnload Test Files site to verify things: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/download

For example, just now i dloaded the 20MB test file then rclicked and "Cancel Download". When i do this i see the download remains in the download bar permanently (doesnt clear) and when i bring up FireFox's Download window i see it displayed there too. Now, when i click the "Clear" button or "Clear All Finished" and check the Downloads window i still see that cancelled download. Granted, this download was never "finished" maybe that is the problem? It would be nice to have a way to auto clear even cancelled downloads...including removing it from the Downloads window too.
I made several checks and could not reproduce your problem :(
as soon as the download is cleared from the download bar - there should immediately be a deletion from the download history
Can you re-test the problem on the current version of Firefox (60.0) and current version Download Manager(S3)?
brand404 wrote:Not much else i can add to this. I just tried it out again and it still has the same coloring issue. Since u are unable to recreate it this must indicate it is probably a coloring issue since i have customized my appearance. But i dont think i changed the Pause color. But as it stands when i dbl-click a download it pauses with a red outline and then when i resume the red outline stays there even when you cancel the download.
thanks for your clarification - I saw this
please wait for the new version
brand404 wrote: Unfortunately no i did not. It's using the defatul Firefox font size, type, look (not bold or anything). It seems to only have a problem when the filename is just really long without spaces...for example: This_Filename_Is_REALLY_REALLY_REALLY_Long_In_Size_That_It_Will_Confuse_Download_Manager_(S3).rar
I made several checks and could not reproduce your problem :(
Please screenshots about your problem
tortino wrote:I'd like an option to open the parent folder by double clicking on the completed download.
edit: I saw your comment on mozilla addons page: I still prefer an option to choose the default on double click only, without ctrl.
ok, I'll add this feature to work plan
LIMPET235 wrote:Well, thank you one 'n' all.
I finally found that one of my "about:config"
settings/prefs was set in-correctly.
I can now save to wherever I require.
You are welcome :)
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 5.7
Mozilla Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3download-statusbar/
Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... plegmcmjda

changes:
added: call to chrome.downloads.acceptDanger()
updated: Germany locale (thanks Michael Wolf)
updated: Korean locale (thanks VenusGirl)
fixed: normal work for Linux
fixed: minor bug fixes
leave

Post by leave »

Please add the important function of "keeping the file time as it in the server" to this Excellent extension....
In IDM(Internet Download Manager), there is an option: "Set file creation date as provided by the server"
In DownThemAll extension, there is an option:"Set file time to last modified time (server) or time of queuing"
That's why I use these two download tools...
Keep the original file creation time is very important for more things...Pls think about it , Thanks!
pag77

Post by pag77 »

leave wrote:Please add the important function of "keeping the file time as it in the server" to this Excellent extension....
I'm sorry, but WebExtensions API does not have functionality for this function
leave

Post by leave »

pag77 wrote:
leave wrote:Please add the important function of "keeping the file time as it in the server" to this Excellent extension....
I'm sorry, but WebExtensions API does not have functionality for this function
Too sad to see this reply... :|
why firefox Q remove this function ? why DTA can support this function...
pag77

Post by pag77 »

leave wrote:why DTA can support this function...
DTA addon with label "Compatible with Firefox 57+" ?