Two Email Addresses, Second Opens Without Password

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
troothteller

Two Email Addresses, Second Opens Without Password

Post by troothteller »

I have two email addresses through my ISP, Comcast that were always setup to require passwords before opening SeaMonkey Mail. Now, only my default address requires a password. The other now does not. I am wondering if any changes I made to this computer caused this change. Today I noticed that things like Flash Player needed updating, my latest version no longer worked. Java was entirely missing, probably because the browsers I have do not support it. Restoring my Nero suites took up much time especially over the last week. From what I see, the setup for both accounts is identical: POP server, SSL/TLS, Port 995 with server settings checked, check for new messages at startup, check for new messages every 10 minutes, automatically download new messages and leave messages on server. How do I change the second account so that it asks for a password?
DanRaisch

Re: Two Email Addresses, Second Opens Without Password

Post by DanRaisch »

Possibly by deleting the password that was (apparently unintentionally) saved for automatic submission when connecting to the server. In the main SeaMonkey window, try menu path Tools->Password Manager->Manage Stored Passwords->click on the entry for that second Comcast account and then on the "Remove" button. Close and restart SM and access the email element to see if you are asked for a password.
troothteller

Post by troothteller »

DanRaisch, yes, that worked! Thanks.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.