Help, deleted email account and lost it all

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tanstaafl

Re: Help, deleted email account and lost it all

Post by tanstaafl »

The last snapshot looks like it has the mbox files (files named after the mail folder, but with no file extension) that you want to import. There may be some more you'll have to browse the contents of the *.sbd directories to find.
bestaudioguy

Post by bestaudioguy »

OK see the dialog box for importing mbox files. Has 4 choices. https://photos.app.goo.gl/sRoNt6UX8yZp6AVp2
so close I can taste it!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
bestaudioguy

Post by bestaudioguy »

HOLY COW IT WORKED. I got all my messages back under my local folders. I know you mentioned it, but is there a way to go from the POP3 messages to the new and improved IMAP folders.
Other than that and I think I'm good to go!!!!

GREAT HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!
(sorry for being a newbie with this)
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You can move messages and/or folders from within "Local Folders" to a IMAP account just as if you were moving them within "Local Folders". The uploading to a remote folder is totally transparent.

If the folder doesn't already exist in the IMAP account you can drag and drop an existing folder to there. If it already exists (for example the inbox) then select all of the messages in the folder (Control-A is one way to do that) and move them instead ("message -> move to" is one way to do that).
bestaudioguy

Post by bestaudioguy »

Again, I can't say enough mucho THANKS!!! Nice having all my folders back and available! Thought for sure they were gone.
Much appreciated!