Previous NIGHTLY: 20180422 (Fx 61.0a1)
Previous BETA: 20180420 (Fx 60.0b14)

Mozilla Inbound Builds
Treeherder
Release Notes: NIGHTLY | BETA
Changelogs: NIGHTLY | BETA

Fixed:
  1. NIGHTLY +15
  3. #1453843 [Core:Audio/Video: Playback]-media.autoplay.enabled no longer work on YouTube [Uns][]
  4. #1453693 [Core:DOM]-Ensure sequential focus navigation works in Shadow DOM and add some tests [Uns][]
  5. #1455841 [Core:Graphics: WebRender]-Tab loading throbber doesnt throb while page is loading [All][]
  6. #1451198 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-Valgrind: multiple instances of Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value on launch [Uns][]
  7. #1455463 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-Build error: no matching member function for call to 'checkFields' [Mac][]
  8. #1455178 [Core:XPCOM]-gGkAtoms generates a static initializer with MSVC, and is writable [All][]
  9. #1449317 [Firefox:Address Bar]-Update the default string in the address bar [Uns][[fxsearch]]
  10. #1455887 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Debugger]-Update Debugger Frontend v43 [Uns][]
  11. #1455496 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Scratchpad]-Hide menu bar of scratchpad on toolbox. [Uns][]
  12. #1452836 [Firefox:Theme]-Dark theme sub menu in the bookmarks toolbar are illegible (Mac OSX) [Uns][]
  13. #1455737 [Toolkit:Downloads API]-Clean up DownloadHistory history observer on shutdown to prevent leaks [Uns][]
  14. #1433876 [Toolkit:Form Autofill]-form submit does not work due to "keys is undefined" from FormAutofillUtils.jsm [Uns][]
  15. #1427939 [Toolkit:WebPayments UI]-Show additional list items (`additionalDisplayItems`) tied to payment methods in the UI [All][[webpayments]]
  16. #1452624 [Toolkit:XUL Widgets]-Remove the "filefield" binding [Uns][]
  1. Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
    None
  1. Beta 14 -> Beta 15 Changelog +0
    None

Nightly 61 fixes since 20180312 (Gecko 60) ~1985
Beta 60 fixes since 20180122 (Gecko 59) ~2306

Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Release Tracking
MozRegression Guide
Last edited by Josa on April 23rd, 2018, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurtz

Re: The first official 20180423 builds are not yet out

Post by Lurtz »

Speedometer 2.0 sits at -36% points compared to Chrome Canary right now, with nothing much happening anymore. At the start of the Quantum Flow project the goal was to become faster than Chrome. They seem to have lost a lot of momentum there again, while having been in the 10% range of Chrome sometime around the Quantum launch.

QF generally seems to have lost its focus, as I feared after it was announced that the newsletters would end with 57. There are still some bugs with a high negative performance impact that are unfinished and have been known for months before 57.

That is only my outside perspective of course.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

TBH i cant see Firefox really being there untill around Firefox70
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Chrome is now Australis. Its hilarious.
https://9to5google.com/2018/04/22/googl ... k-gallery/
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

i dont use Chrome much so it wont bother me at all, however it doesnt look as bad as Firefox's Australis IMO, only time i use Chrome a lot an thats on the Mobile. i wont touch Firefox on the Mobile
Last edited by Snake4 on April 22nd, 2018, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
Lurtz

Post by Lurtz »

I think it looks even worse. But this is a nice addition to the whole unnecessary 'browser x steals from browser y' stories.
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

Lurtz wrote:Speedometer 2.0 sits at -36% points compared to Chrome Canary right now, with nothing much happening anymore. At the start of the Quantum Flow project the goal was to become faster than Chrome. They seem to have lost a lot of momentum there again, while having been in the 10% range of Chrome sometime around the Quantum launch.

QF generally seems to have lost its focus, as I feared after it was announced that the newsletters would end with 57. There are still some bugs with a high negative performance impact that are unfinished and have been known for months before 57.

That is only my outside perspective of course.
They are still releasing performance updates, I think most developers are focusing on removing XUL, I also agree with Mouse4, I think Firefox has a little way to go yet. But, I think it's doing good closing the performance gap with Chrome.
Lurtz

Post by Lurtz »

tomatoshadow2 wrote:They are still releasing performance updates, I think most developers are focusing on removing XUL, I also agree with Mouse4, I think Firefox has a little way to go yet. But, I think it's doing good closing the performance gap with Chrome.
But those are more like "hey here's something I did that improves performance", not "we're specifically analysing and removing performance problems". I know QF probably cost a lot of ressources, the triage alone.

Google is raising the bar all the time. And some bugzilla tickets very plainly speak of ressource shortage.

Quantum DOM for example seems to be stuck at the labeling stage :( A project where Chrome still has an advantage of years probably, as it was designed with that in mind from the beginning.
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

Lurtz wrote:
tomatoshadow2 wrote:They are still releasing performance updates, I think most developers are focusing on removing XUL, I also agree with Mouse4, I think Firefox has a little way to go yet. But, I think it's doing good closing the performance gap with Chrome.
But those are more like "hey here's something I did that improves performance", not "we're specifically analysing and removing performance problems". I know QF probably cost a lot of ressources, the triage alone.

Google is raising the bar all the time. And some bugzilla tickets very plainly speak of ressource shortage.

Quantum DOM for example seems to be stuck at the labeling stage :( A project where Chrome still has an advantage of years probably, as it was designed with that in mind from the beginning.
I agree, very well said. Can you explain more about the resource shortages? Thanks!
Are You A Wiiizard?

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

Omega X wrote:Chrome is now Australis. Its hilarious.
WTF!! Looks like they borrowed the design from Firefox...
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

Are You A Wiiizard? wrote:
Omega X wrote:Chrome is now Australis. Its hilarious.
WTF!! Looks like they borrowed the design from Firefox...
Chrome definitely ripped off Firefox for sure!
mayankleoboy1

Post by mayankleoboy1 »

Lurtz wrote:

1. IIRC, QF was supposed to be perf bugs which can be completed in a short time.
2. Quantum DOM is being removed : https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1435689#c4 . Fundmental to Qdom, cooperative scheduling is already being removed.
Lurtz

Post by Lurtz »

Thanks for the info, that is totally new to me. Given that there was a public Mozilla Hacks article about it and the Wiki page still states it as a major part of the Quantum project, that is pretty astounding.

Shame this question wasn't answered:
Also: It's pretty unfortunate that we spent a lot of time getting this code into the tree + various kinds of support and then we're going to begin ripping it out shortly thereafter (and probably bits and pieces will still be coming out for the rest of this year, at least). Do we think the design is flawed, we didn't push hard enough on making it happen (perf measurements, flushing bugs, whatever), something else, or some combination of the above?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1435689#c8

I wonder if the DOM improvements that are on the Servo 2018 roadmap will help here.
BoyanI

Post by BoyanI »

Hey guys,

Can you confirm that you cannot copy to clipboard the emoticons in the particular page with the current Nightly and WebRender enabled.

https://textfac.es/

I haven't posted a bug report for this problem so far so it's nice to have a feedback before that.
:)
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

BoyanI wrote:Hey guys,

Can you confirm that you cannot copy to clipboard the emoticons in the particular page with the current Nightly and WebRender enabled.

https://textfac.es/

I haven't posted a bug report for this problem so far so it's nice to have a feedback before that.
:)
WFM - Right-click on the image and up pops a quick splash - Copied to clipboard - I can paste it then into Notepad OK