Printer Info in About:Config

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
scnrfrq

Printer Info in About:Config

Post by scnrfrq »

What causes printer information to be written to about:config? I have 2 printers, and 2 of my 3 PC's show printer info for both printers in about:config. My other PC only shows info for my default printer and has no entries for the other printer. Both printers do work with this PC though.
Grumpus

Re: Printer Info in About:Config

Post by Grumpus »

Is the other printer in your printer list for the system where it does not show for SeaMonkey?
Are you using the same operating system on the other PC which does not show the second printer?
If you are using the same version of SeaMonkey and the same OS have you tried to add the printer to the item in about:config?
Easiest way is to right click on the item value from the system where both printers show ( a string ), copy to a plain text editor.
Then open the system where it does not show, go to the same item.
Right click, hit "modify" and edit it in using the right amount of spaces and punctuation, syntax.
Close SeaMonkey and re-open it to see if it's in the printer list under /File/Print in the menu.
Item = print_printer
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you