[EXT] Screengrab!

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Screengrab!

Post by pag77 »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:Is there any way we can get rid of this annoying "tip" that more often than not covers up the area you are trying to select and is completely unnecessary.

just start selection and the hint disappears
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

pag77 wrote:just start selection and the hint disappears
You are clearly missing the point, obviously I know it will go away when you click but when it is blocking where you want to start selecting and you can't see what you are selecting, that means that each time Afterwards you have to go back move the lines to get what you would have had if the notice wasn't blocking the view. Do you get it now? It is an unnecessary notice that provides no benefit of being ALWAYS there.
Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k
motorhobo

Post by motorhobo »

Possible bug: when grabbing screens on separate pages one right after the other, ScreenGrab doesn't place the second screen in the clipboard. The first screen stays there, so when you paste the second screen somewhere, what you're pasting is the first screen, not the second one you just copied. Even if you copy the second screen twice, it doesn't take. It seems that grabbing a screen blocks the clipboard from accepting any new input for a certain time, or some other action is required before the clipboard can accept new input, regardless of how many times you execute the copy to clipboard command.

Please let me know whether you can confirm this behavior. I've been a ScreenGrab user for several years but this behavior is making me look for alternatives.

Thank you for you hard work on this otherwise excellent piece of software.

Van
mozillaatje

Post by mozillaatje »

I got all the screens correctly
except the extensions aren't *.jpg but *.number
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Since the new Screengrab i get all extensions in numbers!
in this example
Toronto, ON - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada-2018-02-21_14.38.34

I'm using: Firefox Release 58.0.2 and windows 7 x64

What can i do?
Thank you for you otherwise excellent piece of software!!
Last edited by mozillaatje on February 21st, 2018, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

motorhobo wrote:Possible bug: when grabbing screens on separate pages one right after the other, ScreenGrab doesn't place the second screen in the clipboard. The first screen stays there, so when you paste the second screen somewhere, what you're pasting is the first screen, not the second one you just copied.
you can make video about your problem?
mozillaatje wrote:Since the new Screengrab i get all extensions in numbers!
Please screenshot about your problem
mozillaatje

Post by mozillaatje »

I got all the screens correctly
except the extensions aren't *.jpg but *.number
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

I have been experiencing an issue that really needs to be addressed and is quite unacceptable.

The page you load after updating the extension. Normally this is supposed to show up once after an update and you previously gave instructions to prevent it from ever coming up. However, I have noticed that when the browser is launched by clicking on a link (meaning you haven't already started the browser first), then your page shows up EACH AND EVER TIME.

Easy to reproduce, make sure the browser is not running, just open your email, say Outlook, or any software that has a URL inside it, and then click it, when Firefox is launched, it will load that URL and the link to your page is also opened each and every time alongside it. This is not acceptable. No other extension behaves like this and they actually provide an option to stop such loading of pages without user consent, not make it a difficult process without an explicit option and still not respect it. At least when it happens on update, that's something, but to happen for no good reason at all, is not.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

brand404 wrote:Please, I BEG YOU, add the handy option to turn off the never ending "Image has been copied to the clipboard" notification popup!
please wait next version
GµårÐïåñ wrote:Is there any way we can get rid of this annoying "tip" that more often than not covers up the area you are trying to select and is completely unnecessary.
please wait next version
motorhobo wrote:Possible bug: when grabbing screens on separate pages one right after the other, ScreenGrab doesn't place the second screen in the clipboard. The first screen stays there, so when you paste the second screen somewhere, what you're pasting is the first screen, not the second one you just copied. Even if you copy the second screen twice, it doesn't take. It seems that grabbing a screen blocks the clipboard from accepting any new input for a certain time, or some other action is required before the clipboard can accept new input, regardless of how many times you execute the copy to clipboard command.
yes, this is possible if you perform several simultaneous captures
unfortunately this is a feature of WebExtensions, but I'll try to find workarounds...
GµårÐïåñ wrote:I have been experiencing an issue that really needs to be addressed and is quite unacceptable.
hmm... I do not use Outlook.
can you make a video about this problem?
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

pag77 wrote:hmm... I do not use Outlook.
can you make a video about this problem?
As already stated, it is not just with Outlook, that was one primary example. Any application that launch links via the default browser would produce the same result. [note again: that if the browser is already running, no issue, only if the browser is closed and launched from the link execution]

I cannot create a video for you as I resorted to just modifying the extension myself to remove the "tip" and also modify the header file in which the problem kept occurring. Where it keeps showing the updated page with the previous/new versions being the same, which is clearly something wrong with the way it is being parsed.

I will be happy to test it again with the new version and report back but in the meantime a hard hack was done to resolve it on my end.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

GµårÐïåñ wrote:I cannot create a video for you as I resorted to just modifying the extension myself to remove the "tip" and also modify the header file in which the problem kept occurring.
maybe this is the reason? you broke the extension and for this reason the settings did not work?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 2.12
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/screen ... x-version/
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mipdeegbpk

changes:
added: Settings: Hotkeys: close tab after the action is completed
added: Settings: Show notification when copy image to Clipboard
added: Settings: Hide hint about fast mode
fixed: automatic cropping of the file name, when the file name is more than 255 characters
updated: Korean locale (thanks VenusGirl)
fixed: minor bug fixes
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

pag77 wrote:maybe this is the reason? you broke the extension and for this reason the settings did not work?
No, that would be obvious if you paid attention and read things correctly. I said, I resorted to this because of this problem to solve it since you were not yet replying to issues.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

pag77 is trying to help here but your response would not encourage anyone to continue doing that. You may be frustrated but don't take it out on those offering assistance.
GµårÐïåñ

Post by GµårÐïåñ »

DanRaisch wrote:pag77 is trying to help here but your response would not encourage anyone to continue doing that. You may be frustrated but don't take it out on those offering assistance.
I understand your thought process here, but I was simply clarifying what was said but not understood. Misunderstanding the situation and blaming the user is not helpful either. If anything trying to get him to see what is causing the problem is actually helping him. Without user feedback, how do you suppose he will know there is something wrong? And if he misunderstands that as an outside factor, how does that help to resolve it? See?

Am I frustrated, certainly but if I wasn't trying to help him resolve the problem, why would I bother wasting my time reporting it to him? And if everyone who is frustrated with a problem doesn't report it because it will be misinterpreted by someone as "taking it out on them", how is that helpful or provides assistance. I know your heart might be in the right place, but your interjection is quite misplaced and your admonishment equally so. Thank you.

I thoughtfully and completely reported an issue. You see a problem with that, but not with the completely dismissive response that is not based on what was said or reported. You don't think you are being a bit unbalanced and a bit biased in your attack on me? As a mod, you bear a greater responsibility for being impartial, not stoking fires.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No, that would be obvious if you paid attention and read things correctly. I said, I resorted to this because of this problem to solve it since you were not yet replying to issues.
Not what you were reporting but how you chose to respond after doing that. He was paying attention and he did respond. You mentioned breaking the extension and he replied that perhaps that was why the setting did't work. What's dismissive about that? Let's drop it there if you are serious about all this just being a problem report.