[Solved] Cannot log in, because the captcha does not work!

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
ineuw

[Solved] Cannot log in, because the captcha does not work!

Post by ineuw »

Because I have no idea how to get in touch with this site's administrator directly, I post this here.

To any admin who is reading this, there is something wrong with the login and the only way I can get in is by asking for a computer generated password (which I immediately change back to my proper password).

This happened because initially I tried (and tried) to login with the wrong password and this triggered the requirement of the captcha. This is fine by me, but the CAPTCHA DOESN'T WORK!. The answer is "7" but it is rejected. Please fix this.
Last edited by ineuw on May 5th, 2018, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
mightyglydd

Re: Cannot log in, because the captcha does not work!

Post by mightyglydd »

Try 6..
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to MozillaZine Site Discussion.
mightyglydd wrote:Try 6..
Yeah, it sounds as though the question would be better stated as "How many unique letters are in the name Mozilla"?
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

Thanks for letting me know. Would not be aware of this when I could not log in. A minor suggestion is to alter the question, "How many characters are in 'Mozilla' with a single 'l'?
Firefox 115.0.2 (default install) in Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon 64 bit, updated on 2023-07-31 00:05
UserMaster

Post by UserMaster »

I couldn't figure it out and was even restricted from registering because I had tried too many times. Then yesterday, I was able to register and tried with the "6" and bum, here I am.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks, we're aware of that and there was no need/benefit in posting that in two different threads.
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

DanRaisch wrote:Thanks, we're aware of that and there was no need/benefit in posting that in two different threads.
@DanRaisch, Posting twice goes to show how important it is for Mozilla users to have access to this forum. . . Have a nice day :D
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Actually cross posting is against forum rules
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

ineuw wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:Thanks, we're aware of that and there was no need/benefit in posting that in two different threads.
@DanRaisch, Posting twice goes to show how important it is for Mozilla users to have access to this forum. . . Have a nice day :D
being a Privately Ran forum with Limited Hardware/software resources this forum tends to have issues from time to time.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
XeataJames

Re: [Solved] Cannot log in, because the captcha does not wor

Post by XeataJames »

ineuw wrote:The answer is "7" but it is rejected. Please fix this.
I wonder how many potential posters to Mozillazine have simply failed this unexpected IQ test and just never tried again? (if this is an intentional way to keep out the less brilliant, then kudos; it probably has worked just great.)

I have been Mensa tested in the top 3% of the world for IQ and guess what? I got locked out by Captcha and had to open another browser and try again in "Oh, I see, this is a F####ing Puzzle" mode. :oops:

Of course the answer is not ACTUALLY incorrect if you choose 7; the proctor of a real IQ test would give you that one because THERE ARE SEVEN LETTERS IN "MOZILLA" :lol:.

I bet you meant "How many UNIQUE letters are in the word Mozilla".
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Yes, as mentioned above.
DanRaisch wrote:Yeah, it sounds as though the question would be better stated as "How many unique letters are in the name Mozilla"?
ineuw

Post by ineuw »

Although I took a courses to memorize the illogical reply, are there any plans to rectify the issue? Just asking
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

XeataJames wrote:I have been Mensa tested in the top 3% of the world for IQ and guess what?
You came in the top 1% in the hubris test and bottom in the lateral thinking tests?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
docc86

Post by docc86 »

HELP!!! I am in an endless loop trying to register/log in......everything I do just takes me in circles. Exasperating!!!