Provider for Google Calendar - not 'providing' !

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
pete of ebor

Provider for Google Calendar - not 'providing' !

Post by pete of ebor »

Hi. Has anyone else had issues with 'provider for google calendar' not working properly ? I have an iphone, a kindle, a win10 pc & a linux pc. All of these devices access my google calendar to keep them all in sync. The kindle & ipone still work fine but Lightning on the two pcs does not. On both pcs, Lightning can read the calendar but cannot write to it.
Creating an event on either pc through Lightning does not write it to Google - it appears on that pc only.
Deleting an event on either pc through Lightning deletes it from that pc only - it still shows on all my other devices.
Creating and deleting events through a web browser directly onto google calendar shows up on ALL my devices including both pcs..
Creating and deleting events on the iphone & kindle shows up on All devices including both pc.
This leads me to suspect there is a problem with provider writing to google.
Is there any other easy way to get bi-di access to Google in Lightning ?
WaltS48

Re: Provider for Google Calendar - not 'providing' !

Post by WaltS48 »

On the PC's, do you see a lock next to the calendar?

Right click on the calendar, select Properties and make sure it isn't set to Read Only.

I have no problem syncing my Win10 laptop, Linux desktop and Android phone.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
pete of ebor

Re: Provider for Google Calendar - not 'providing' !

Post by pete of ebor »

Got it working again, but only after a complete reinstallation of TB including deletion of the old profile. Something must have got corrupted as it still wouldn't work after reinstalling TB and using the old profile. Fortunately, all my mail is on imap servers, and I keep the addrress book backed up of site too. It was a bit of a faff but it is working now.