Moderation / Spam / Login Activation Requests

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
LIMPET235

Re: Moderation / Spam / Login Activation Requests

Post by LIMPET235 »

Dan took care of it.
Ta malliz..
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

Brummelchen wrote:i dont have doubt on the solution, but his description is not clear and points more to tabs than aero preview. my tabs are stacked in each window, not side by side - thats a windows feature since... XP? grouping tabs when more than x ( --> TweakUI if you remember, default is stacking)

i am not sure but aero preview was not activated by default so i dont understand what he is complaining about when HE changed it and the great doctor Bob forgot where and when? not our fault.
The doctor Bob quote makes me laugh, well said Brummelchen, he's sure an interesting one. Always messes up his own stuff with Firefox, then ask how can we fix it for him.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Please..."Let sleeping dogs lie"...O.K.?
Thanks.
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

Will do Limpet235, thanks.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i have put him on my ignore list to prevent more words for him. and this time is only for my own benefit, right, Dan? ;)

i am no friend of endless help when people wont get it. out of curiosity all my firefox versions are doing very fine, i dont have issues, even not when sharing or copying profiles from one system to another (w7<>w8<>w10, x86<>x64). and i dont think that all issues are firefox made. just testing a fresh profile - only one task in task bar with the aero preview for current task. people beeing proud to be pro i expect more accurate descriptions. and sorry again, people intending for a bowser change if firefox wont do this or that - how to give proper help with this expectation? users in most cases have a problem when some1 (eg like me) are writing answer they dont want to here. as i write - firefox is not that crap they want to believe.

there is currently elsewhere same discussion how to react on such users coming with lots of expectations and getting a "hey stop, wrong way".

have a nice evening, i am going to have a beer.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Commented and locked.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Our Daifne moved it to the Tech. forum.

malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14801141
Waiting for some "Helpful third party advice any second ](*,)
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

just a rant, no problem
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3040340

complain department? ;)
channel6dk

Post by channel6dk »

If one gets "You have exceeded the maximum number of registration attempts for this session - Please try again later" - how long does one have to wait - are we talking minutes, hours or days?
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Usually clearing your mozillazine cookies and the cache fixes that.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

although MZ is not related to them - is it possible to stop him talking this way about people of mozilla?
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3040430
What in the world do they drink at Mozilla I wonder?
Maybe its just a pile of smart people working voluntarily independently [...] with no one overseeing and organizing things.
Welcome to Planet Mozilla where little is logical and nothing makes sense. Has a nice ring to it. Check your sanity at the door.
concerning "door" - in germany we talk like this - "if you dont like it - the brick layer has left space for a door where you can leave this home, please do."
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

If it bothers you that much just block him/her/it
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"