word delimiters

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
lvm

word delimiters

Post by lvm »

When I double-click on a word on a web page seamonkey selects the whole word using spaces as delimiters, punctuation marks are treated as part of the word, e.g. if I double-click on THIS, it selects four character and the comma, not just the four characters. Is there a way to change this and make seamonkey treat punctuation marks as delimiters?
hardys

Re: word delimiters

Post by hardys »

This works as expected on Windows 10 using SM 2.49.3
A double-click only selects the word without punctuation marks. If there is no mark then a space is added to the word.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

lvm wrote:When I double-click on a word on a web page seamonkey selects the whole word using spaces as delimiters, punctuation marks are treated as part of the word, e.g. if I double-click on THIS, it selects four character and the comma, not just the four characters. Is there a way to change this and make seamonkey treat punctuation marks as delimiters?
Looks like it is specific to Linux version of SeaMonkey (Windows version works correct). Firefox under Linux (Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon) works correct. In about:config any setting with "click", "select" and "highlight" are the same under Windows version but double-click works different (with punctuation marks under Linux).If it was hardcoded then it's a bug.

EDIT: Sorry, I was wrong. There is some setting:

Code: Select all

layout.word_select.stop_at_punctuation
For Windows version default is "true" but for Linux is "false". Setting it to "true" under Linux makes the trick (without restart). 8-)

Similar thing for:

Code: Select all

layout.word_select.eat_space_to_next_word
BTW Looks like "default" settings are different for Windows and Linux version. Is it OK? Shouldn't it be the same (regardless of OS)?
--
lvm

Post by lvm »

Thank you.