Sent messages appear in my Inbox

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
FrankSMS

Sent messages appear in my Inbox

Post by FrankSMS »

In Account Settings, Copies and folders, there are 2 choices that appear very similar.
"Sent" Folder on (username is grayed out)
Other: Sent on ......
I have no idea what the difference is. Both seem to land in the Sent folder. But what is odd is that a little while ago I must have changed something and now Sent messages also appear in my Inbox. I mean my general Inbox, not the Inbox for the individual email account. Anybody know what could have caused this?
DanRaisch

Re: Sent messages appear in my Inbox

Post by DanRaisch »

I mean my general Inbox, not the Inbox for the individual email account.
I don't understand that statement. How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Is that a Gmail account?
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

All my accounts are IMAP. I have one Gmail account and it behaves the same way. A copy of the sent message arrives in my Inbox. Its almost as if the other accounts caught the Gmail issue! I think Gmail accounts on Thunderbird had this issue....
OK, as an experiment I deleted the Gmail account. Closed Thunderbird, opened it, sent a message to myself and its the same. The mystery continues.....cue dramatic music.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Who are the providers on these other accounts?
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

GMX, Hotmail,
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

> I mean my general Inbox, not the Inbox for the individual email account.

By this I meant my Unified Inbox.

> "Sent" Folder on (username is grayed out)
> Other: Sent on ......

I should have mentioned I have the first one selected. Though I did notice the second one seems to be the default. I did try that option but it didn't make a difference. Does anyone know what the these two mean? I would think something you sent would be copied to the Sent folder. Seems so simple. How wrong I would be!!! LOL.

I did a reinstall of Thunderbird a little while ago and its always been running a little differently. I wonder if a previous install could be messing things up. Possible? Normally I'd root through all the possible folders for scraps of the program being deleted to be thorough but I may not have done it with this one. I'm suspicious!