Password issues using Seamonkey with Amazon

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
hayley3

Password issues using Seamonkey with Amazon

Post by hayley3 »

Evidently Amazon has changed something because for the last month, I have been getting invalid password a few times when signing in. It eventually let me in, until today. Now I have to use Chrome to sign in.
Seamonkey knows what my password is...and I used that to sign in via Chrome.
Can anyone help me sign back in thru Seamonkey which is the browser I use all the time? I've been using Seamonkey with Amazon for yeeeeeeeeeears.

Thanks,
Cheryl
TPR75

Re: Password issues using Seamonkey with Amazon

Post by TPR75 »

hayley3 wrote:Can anyone help me sign back in thru Seamonkey which is the browser I use all the time?
Start with SeaMonkey update to latest version:
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.49.3
Unfortunately, you must do it manually with full offline installer.

IMHO it's the best method to be sure (in past auto-update was faulty in some cases).

Did it help?

EDIT: I can sign-in to Amazon.com without any problems.
--
therube

Post by therube »

Does SeaMonkey "fill in" your un/pw or are you typing it in manually?

As a test, create a new, clean Profile.
Visit Amazon & see if you can sign in.

No issues typing in my un/pw from a page like, https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?_encod ... h_account=.
(That's a heck of a URL.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
hayley3

Post by hayley3 »

@tpr75...No updating didn't help but I didn't realize there was a new update, so thanks!

@therube... Seamonkey fills it in normally but I tried typing it in, manually. Amazon sends me a msg saying I"m trying to register a new device. It will also sometimes say the password is wrong on my phone when my service is not that good but still my phone connects. It's like Seamonkey is loading too slowly so it's not registering the password.
I've never had trouble until the past month. It's a new security thing with Amazon that doesn't like Seamonkey. Well, my Seamonkey. It did let me in after I asked for a temporary number but it will do it again tomorrow. I'll give the new profile a try if/when it does that and come back and let you know. Thanks!
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

hayley3 wrote:It's a new security thing with Amazon that doesn't like Seamonkey. Well, my Seamonkey. It did let me in after I asked for a temporary number but it will do it again tomorrow.
I'm not using "Two-Step Verification" on Amazon because it requires my telephone number... and I don't wont to give them my phone number (I don't find any safety in it).

If Amazon.com website is not remembering your sign-in longer then for current session (after restart of SeaMonkey you must sign-in again) then try to remove all cookies for all their servers: amazon.com, amazon-adsystem.com, ssl-images-amazon.com, media-amazon.com, amazonpay.com, amazonaws.com (and maybe others but like I said I'm not using two-step verification). Of course, make sure you have acceptance for cookies of all Amazon websites/servers.
--