Can Send Emails From Only 1 of 3 Accounts

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
wpr

Can Send Emails From Only 1 of 3 Accounts

Post by wpr »

This is somewhat related, but quite different from my last topic of Router and Email.

I'm using SM Portable 2.49.3 on Windows 7.

I have three email accounts set up and I can send messages only from the first (I can receive messages for all 3). This first account is also in the outgoing server settings. Attempting to forward from the second or third brings up an Alert box, with this message (I've replace the account name here with '_' but it is correct in my M and N Account Settings):

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.1.0 <_@tampabay.rr.com> sender rejected AUP#O-1030. Please verify that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences and try again.

I don't believe this should be happening. Any thoughts on how to correct?
isaacschemm

Re: Can Send Emails From Only 1 of 3 Accounts

Post by isaacschemm »

Does your username on the server include the @tampabay.rr.com part or not? Some providers want you to include that, and some don't.
wpr

Re: Can Send Emails From Only 1 of 3 Accounts

Post by wpr »

I'm assuming your question is referring to the user name in the Outgoing Server Settings box. Yes the user name is the complete email address.

I had added the other two email address to the Outgoing Server Settings, there is one line for each email/account. Your note got me thinking and I just changed the Outgoing Server in the second account's settings, from the Default Server to that email's Server, and it worked, and also for the third account. Problem solved!

Prior to changing the email servers, I only had one Outgoing Server set up and all three accounts worked fine.

Many thanks for getting me on the right track.