Data Manager Not Responding

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Wish You Were Here

Data Manager Not Responding

Post by Wish You Were Here »

Can't get into any of the data Manager functions to delete cookies, manage popups, etc.

Password Manager works fine as do most other functions.

Nothing happens if I click on any of the options shown either.

Ideas?
DanRaisch

Re: Data Manager Not Responding

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Wish You Were Here

Can't answer that right now. Due for a reboot later today anyways (long previous thread about that -- still unresolved), so I'll try it if I remember.
therube

Post by therube »

What version of SeaMonkey?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
frg

Post by frg »

This and the bug are covered in the release notes including a workaround

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/relea ... key2.49.3/
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I do not get any error messages from the data manager, but all the tabs except "Permissions" are greyed out. Why is that?
Wish You Were Here

No change running in SafeMode. Still get the same error.

frg wrote:This and the bug are covered in the release notes including a workaround

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/relea ... key2.49.3/

Deleting the webappsstore.* (in my case sqlite) files makes the Data Manager work without error, but no cookies seem to be present for any site. Not sure if that's normal with that file deleted. Should I restore it? I copied it to another directory before deleting it which hopefully will work as a backup.
therube

Post by therube »

Cookies are stored in cookies.sqlite.

Hmm.
It is odd that '*' does not enumerate cookies in Data Manager.
Though Individual sites do show them.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
-Px-

Post by -Px- »

Had the same issue, it looks like an error somewhere in storage handling logic. Despite I have "Only allow websites with explicit permission"+"Notify me when websites want to store data for offline use" set in Offline Apps, my Data Manager was full of 0 size localStorage entries (example), and there were no any requests for storage. Cleared it in two steps: first deleted all entries with converted foundstone_html5_local_storage_explorer-1.1-fx, then removed webappsstore.sqlite file, and issue disappeared.
frg

Post by frg »

> It is odd that '*' does not enumerate cookies in Data Manager.
> Though Individual sites do show them.

The * entry is the junkyard for all items which are not tied to a domain.

> my Data Manager was full of 0 size localStorage entries

The 0 size is a known limitation. The apis to calculate storage were removed and there are also now new storage types defined. This all needs an overhaul and/or the size column needs to be removed. So you probably accumulated some megabytes of data along the lifetime of the profile.

> I do not get any error messages from the data manager, but all the tabs except "Permissions" are greyed out. Why is that?

Check the error console for profile corruption hints. Set data_manager.debug to true in about:config to see some additional output in the los.
Wish You Were Here

therube wrote:Cookies are stored in cookies.sqlite.

Regardless of where they're stored, I don't see any for any website when I go to Tools >> Cookie Manager >> Manage Stored Cookies.

As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working, so I'm not sure if I should try to restore the file I deleted or not.
frg

Post by frg »

> Regardless of where they're stored, I don't see any for any website when I go to Tools >> Cookie Manager >> Manage Stored Cookies.

Try the old cookie viewer:

chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul

If you delete cookies during session close the session only cookies might not appear here. Only permanent ones I think. Would need to check.
Wish You Were Here

^^ Yeah, they show fine there.
-Px-

Post by -Px- »

frg wrote:The 0 size is a known limitation. The apis to calculate storage were removed and there are also now new storage types defined. This all needs an overhaul and/or the size column needs to be removed. So you probably accumulated some megabytes of data along the lifetime of the profile.
Yes, it was 230+ MB in size before cleanup, and still was 130 MB after removing all the entries. After deletion it is now only 11 MB is size so far