Problems after crash/sudden shutdown. [Solved.]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
walkerpbus

Problems after crash/sudden shutdown. [Solved.]

Post by walkerpbus »

It must be a profile problem but the Mozilla instruction are very confusing & seem to put me in a loop. I have top restore using a recent backup by Mozbackup to correct the page which keeps wanting to re-download the current Firefox. :?: Tell me the quickest method even if an old *.bat File is used. Desperately HELP?
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
Brummelchen

Re: Problems after crash/sudden shutdown

Post by Brummelchen »

forget mozbackup, its extremely buggy
MozBackup is not being developed anymore. There are known issues and there is no time on my side to fix all issues and develop new features. Use MozBackup only on your risk. Thanks for understanding.
its files is ZIP, so rename it to ZIP and extract this content to a fresh profile:

This article explains how to selectively transfer Firefox user data and settings to a new Firefox profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox
therube

Post by therube »

the page which keeps wanting to re-download the current Firefox
Explain?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

therube wrote:
Explain?
Brummelchen wrote:forget mozbackup, its extremely buggy
MozBackup is not being developed anymore. There are known issues and there is no time on my side to fix all issues and develop new features. Use MozBackup only on your risk. Thanks for understanding.
its files is ZIP, so rename it to ZIP and extract this content to a fresh profile:

This article explains how to selectively transfer Firefox user data and settings to a new Firefox profile
Sir/Ma'am I think There's a different method: Backup the desired Firefox to
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
therube

Post by therube »

Which is the Sir & which is the Ma'am, or are you just covering all bases ;-).
I hope I'm one or the other, or both, for all I care.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

walkerpbus wrote:
therube wrote:
Explain?

Sir/Ma'am, I forgot to mention Mozbackup still works & I have not seen any problems with it when restoring from it's back
therube wrote:Which is the Sir & which is the Ma'am, or are you just covering all bases ;-). I hope I'm one or the other, or both, for all I care.
Yes sir./ma'am. I grew up in Iowa but service in 1953-54 Korean war taught me to say it: Furthermore I married a Texan lady while attending Moody Bible Institute after that service
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

walkerpbus wrote:
therube wrote:
Explain?

walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

Folks all you won't believe it: All I did was get the latest Firefox setup (same as before installed); reinstall over top of it; Restart Windows & here I am, closing the question
Last edited by walkerpbus on June 5th, 2018, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Brummelchen wrote:its files is ZIP, so rename it to ZIP and extract this content to a fresh profile:

walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

walkerpbus wrote:Folks all you won't believe it: All I did was get the latest Firefox setup (same as before installed); reinstall over top of it; Restart Windows & here I am, closing the question
:D & I will unsubscribe
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Seeing as the OP has fixed the problem,
this is getting locked to stop any spam from accumulating.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)