Get error 403 when trying to login to my AT&T U-verse to pay

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
lookat

Get error 403 when trying to login to my AT&T U-verse to pay

Post by lookat »

I can not login to my AT&T Uverse account using SeaMokey, but I can get there with Edge. The messages below are all I see when I try to go there with latest version of SeaMonkey.

JBWEB000065: HTTP Status 403 -

JBWEB000309: type JBWEB000067: Status report

JBWEB000068: message

JBWEB000069: description JBWEB000123: Access to the specified resource has been forbidden.
Frank Lion

Re: Get error 403 when trying to login to my AT&T U-verse to

Post by Frank Lion »

lookat wrote:I can not login to my AT&T Uverse account using SeaMokey, but I can get there with Edge.
Pay your AT&T account with Edge then?

Tricky for us to fix unless we also have an account on this website. I take it you've already read this or did you steam in here and just hit 'New Topic'?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
lookat

Post by lookat »

I was in a rush and didn't read anything before clicking NEW Topic i am guilty as charged. Anyway thanks. I do pay it using Edge. But funny thing is, before this past month I had always been able to access the AT&T online pay site before using SeaMonkey for many years without issues.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

lookat wrote:I was in a rush and didn't read anything before clicking NEW Topic i am guilty as charged..
No problem. I actually prefer new threads, rather than 'me too!!!', as often there are subtle differences in problems.

Read up on that other thread, but instead use the following as the value - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

Then...report back, as you'll have to be your own guinea pig here, you being the login guy on this one.

It'll get solved soon enough, just need to figure what we're dealing with first.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

Frank, I tried Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko but it makes no difference. As I mentioned in the other thread (mine), I've tried the various UA strings, Safe Mode, a new, clean profile. Nothing helps. Always get the error after I enter my uid and password. Firefox, Edge and IE all work okay.
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Ztruker wrote:Frank, I tried Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko but it makes no difference. As I mentioned in the other thread (mine), I've tried the various UA strings, Safe Mode, a new, clean profile. Nothing helps. Always get the error after I enter my uid and password. Firefox, Edge and IE all work okay.
I'm not great on 403s, but the problem is usually security or UA sniffing. But security is when you try to log in using Firefox 2 or something.

Now, I have one of the hardest banks in the world to log into (3 stage verification, external card readers at my end, etc) and that's not complaining about SM 2.49.3 and the reason is that it's right up there security-wise.

Plus, the Net shows other browsers are getting this - one of those is based off Firefox 56 and, security/encryption-wise, that's pretty much like Release Firefox 60.

In SM about:config you can modify security.tls.version.max to 4 if you like, but it won't be that, I reckon.

So...UA...I'm wondering if this is like Ebay, etc where they use different urls for different things. What I'd like you to try is this about:config > general.useragent.override and then whatever UA string you want.

That is the universal UA override and not the site specific form, but it should tell us what's going on, as it will hit every url going. Least then you'll know if this is a UA string problem.

Usually, we don't use this universal one as it can cause weird problems on other, totally unrelated, sites, but here it will be useful as a testing tool. Also clear your cache before going back to the site and any cookies relating to the site.