Another folder syncing issue, GoDaddy account

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
terrathunderbird

Another folder syncing issue, GoDaddy account

Post by terrathunderbird »

I added another gmail account today in TB, which theoretically shouldn't have changed anything in one of my GoDaddy accounts. But suddenly, the "sent" folder isn't syncing in the GoDaddy account. AND the "seen" designation keeps popping up to read "unread" for various emails in no specific pattern.

Maybe there's a problem with GoDaddy Workspace accounts today? The rest of the accounts seem to be working fine.
Last edited by terrathunderbird on June 5th, 2018, 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
terrathunderbird

Re: Another folder syncing issue, GoDaddy account

Oops. Slight revision. IF I am in the GoDaddy account, and I send an email, THEN it ends up in the Sent folder in TB.

The ones I've sent in TB, indicate that it was sent successfully, and they ARE, because I test and the email goes through. BUT the email just sits there on my end with a little popup saying "Copying message to Sent Items folder". I get two choices "retry" or "cancel". If I hit "retry", it saves it to draft, and then sits there and does nothing. No popup or anything. I can hit "send" again, but then it sends the message again, and has the same "Copying message to Sent Items folder".

Any ideas?
terrathunderbird

Re: Another folder syncing issue, GoDaddy account SOLVED!

Not sure what worked. But here's what I did.

I cancelled out of all of the pending messages that were "Copying message to Sent Items folder". I deleted them. For a few that were "critical" emails to people, I copied them and send them via webmail instead. But they were all deleted. Then I went to do a couple of "tests" and was opening various folders to see if things "took", and I got an error message that I couldn't access "the folder" (couldn't tell which folder) because some other operation was running. OK. So I waited a bit and it didn't look like it was going to stop. So I force-quit (ctrl-alt-delete, then task manager, then choose "Thunderbird" and choose "quit", yes, I'm sure, quit). Gave it a moment to settle in. And then started TB back up. All solved. Grr... for the record, I am setting up a new gmail account, and I don't have that configured yet. It's not a critical account, and the configs are waiting for someone else to set up. So I have no answers for that one. So maybe it's interacting with the GoDaddy account somehow? Software magic, indeed...
DanRaisch

Re: Another folder syncing issue, GoDaddy account SOLVED!

Post by DanRaisch »

You might want to change the subject of this topic because clearly the issue was not "Solved" but simply ignored.

When you set up a new account, one of the steps involves creating a new SMTP server definition for that particular email provider. Alternatively, if you already have another account with that same provider, linking the new account to the same SMTP server as that other account. It sounds as though you haven't been doing that so Thunderbird is trying to send using whatever SMTP server is currently identified as the default which may be the GoDaddy account. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_: ... TP_Servers
terrathunderbird

Thanks, Dan. I took out "SOLVED!", because as you point out it's not actually solved. I will change it to IGNORED as you suggest, once I'm ready to ignore it. Since writing "solved", realized that it's not entirely solved. So I'd like to continue this conversation, because while the sent emails are getting filed/synched properly, the "read" designation is NOT synching with GoDaddy webmail. It was in the beginning, when I set t up last week. But is not any longer. This problem started with I tried to set up the additional gmail account. Not sure if that is just a coincidence or not. Either way, when I set up the GoDaddy TB account, it did this non-synching read designation for like an hour or two, and then settled down and was working perfectly fine.

Should I start a new post for this related, but not entirely the same issue? Sorry about starting a new post with the configuring email, I was thinking it would be easier for you, because we shifted topics, and so I thought instead of burying it inside a not entirely related topic, I'd start a new one.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

No, stay in this thread rather than starting a new one which would be about much the same sort of issue.

Please clarify what the issue is with the read designation. Are you reading messages in TB that do not appear as read if you access the web mail page of the account, or are you viewing messages in a browser that are not then marked as read in TB? Or is it something else?
terrathunderbird

The message comes in. the header is bold in the list of emails. There is a little green dot in the column next to the message, indicating that I have not read it yet. The top of that column is a little set of black "glasses". I click on the message to read it. At that time, the little green dot goes from bold lime green to gray. And the message header unbolds. I go do something else for a second, and the message header then goes bold again, and the little dot turns green, indicating that I have not read it yet. If I click on it and go through this cycle a few times, it "takes" and it the unread indicator stays gray. BUT some days later, some of them are "unread" again, even though I know I already read them. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, like time of day, recipient or anything I can pinpoint.

This is the IMAP account I set up the other day with your guidance. There was a non-syncing POP account, which I deleted, and am now using the IMAP account.