How can I remove the "New Tab by Yahoo" Extension?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
NickJH

How can I remove the "New Tab by Yahoo" Extension?

Post by NickJH »

I have the New Tab by Yahoo extension installed but disabled as it is legacy. It does not have a remove button. I can see nothing in Windows Add/Remove Programs.

This PC is refusing to sync addons and it would not surprise me if it were because of this. I do not have it on the other two PC's which sync.

Win10 x64, Ff 60.0.2
DanRaisch

Re: How can I remove the "New Tab by Yahoo" Extension?

Post by DanRaisch »

NickJH

Post by NickJH »

Thanks. You gave me an idea. I think Ff had upgraded to 64bit in the past and was installed in Program Files (x86) so I uninstalled it and reinstalled so it went into Program Files. Presumably there was a global extension left in te old 32bit installation.

Now to find out why my addons aren't sync'ing properly.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I couldn't say as I don't use the Synch functionality.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the application itself has absolutely no impact on your Profile, which is where saved preferences like your home page, user selected settings and installed extensions reside, and where most problems arise. You might want to create a new profile and install the extensions you do wish to use in that environment to see if you are then able to synch that profile.
NickJH

Post by NickJH »

The uninstalling and reinstalling was just to switch to the Program Files structure rather than Program Files(x86) which then got rid of the global extension in the <installation directory>\browser\extensions folder.

Some of the addons have sync'ed in the past and I don't see any sync error today, I just don't see the addons. I'll wait for a bit as I saw in another post then I may try leaving the sync group and rejoining it. To me, a new profile is a thing of last resort as you always miss some pref setting. For the moment there is only one addon missing so I can install it by hand but it defeats the point of sync.