JUNK MAIL FILTER

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ckirk3273

JUNK MAIL FILTER

Post by ckirk3273 »

I am receiving as many as 50 emails per day with no subject. I am pretty sure these are emails which have had their password compromised. The body of the email have the senders name and a URL. I have tried to create a filter, but can't figure out how to do it.
DanRaisch

Re: JUNK MAIL FILTER

Post by DanRaisch »

I split your post from it's original location as that thread had died eleven years ago.

Are all of those 50 messages from the same sender or multiple senders?
Have you reviewed this article with information on message filters? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Filters_%28Thunderbird%29
makaiguy

Re: JUNK MAIL FILTER

Post by makaiguy »

You're trying to trap messages that have no subject line at all?

Assuming a valid subject line would contain at least one vowel, try setting up this filter:
  • Filter Name: [Blank subject]

(•) Match all of the following:
    [Subject] [doesn't contain] a [+]
    [Subject] [doesn't contain] e [+]
    [Subject] [doesn't contain] i [+]
    [Subject] [doesn't contain] o [+]
    [Subject] [doesn't contain] u

Perform these actions:
    [Set junk status to] [Junk] [+]
    [Move Message to] [your choice destination for junk mail]
This should trap all messages with no vowels in the subject, but note that sometimes legitimate messages are sent without subject lines.

If these messages don't indicate they are from people you know in the From field, one condition I'd probably add to this filter will keep it from acting on any message from people in your address book:
  • [From] [isn't in my address book] [Personal address book]
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers