Font size doesn't work

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
alpoe

Font size doesn't work

Post by alpoe »

I am unable to change the font size in any of my original or forwarded emails. Larger or Smaller size option won't work.
DanRaisch

Re: Font size doesn't work

Post by DanRaisch »

You posted in the MozillaZine Site Discussion forum so we don't know what email client you are using to compose those emails.
alpoe

Post by alpoe »

Sorry. I thought this forum was only for Thunderbird.
My client is Thunderbird.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Thunderbird Support...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

What version of Thunderbird?
Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
alpoe

Post by alpoe »

v 52.9.1 (32-bit). In checking a bit further, this always happens when I forward a message that contains text, even though the original email contains text with about size 12. The forwarded message can have text from (guessing) to about 24 to 120 font size. I cannot change the text size at all. Even text that I add to a forwarded email cannot be changed font wise. My added text is usually about 24 even when the other text is about 120.
The sent message also has the ridiculous size text. My recipients have asked to reduce the size. I have to tell them I can;t.
Hope this helps.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Do you have the formatting bar visible when replying to or forwarding these messages? That is the bar just above the composition area that includes "Body Text, Variable Width, font color selector, etc?
mrssec

Post by mrssec »

Delete (don't remove e-mail) and re-install.
Simple answer, but works sometimes.
alpoe

Post by alpoe »

Yes, the formatting bar is visible. I highlight the text which I want to change and click on any of them. Nothing happens. As a matter of fact, none of the formatting options from the double A all the way right to the Choose text alignment will not function. Reminder, this happens ONLY on Reply and Forwarded messages. When I create an original document all of the format options work fine.
Question. Is there any way to include an image with this forum?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

DanRaisch wrote:Does the same thing occur if you launch the application in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
alpoe

Post by alpoe »

"...none of the formatting options from the double A all the way right to the Choose text alignment will not function."
I have to correct the above statement. The only formatting options that do NOT work in either Standard or Safe Mode are the "Set Font Size", Smaller Font Size and the Large Font Size". All others work.
mazenn

Post by mazenn »

I am unable to change the font size in any of my original or forwarded emails. Larger or Smaller size option won't work.
mazenn

Post by mazenn »

I highlight the text which I want to change and click on any of them. Nothing happens. As a matter of fact, none of the formatting options from the double A all the way right to the Choose text alignment will not function. Reminder, this happens ONLY on Reply and Forwarded messages.