KeePass confusion

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Hans L

KeePass confusion

Post by Hans L »

Hello:

I installed KeePass and imported an existing database successfully. I installed the KeePass plugin KeePassHttp in the KeePass plugin folder. Then, I installed FF Add-on KeePassHttp-Connector, but when I left-click on its icon, I get the error message "KeePassHttp-Connector has encounterend an error. Unable to connect to KeePassHttp"

So, I started looking for a solution. I then discovered this on the KeePassHttp-Connector (?) site/page:

-----------------------------------------
KeePassHttp-Connector is an extension to integrate KeePass/KeePassXC as a password manager with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.
They require KeePassHttp, a KeePass plugin to expose password entries securely (256bit AES/CBC) over HTTP.

Deprecation Notice: This extension will no longer be maintained since KeePassXC 2.3.0 now includes support for the keepassxc-browser extension, and will be removing KeePassHTTP support in a future release.

For KeePass, you can use my KeePassNatMsg plugin, which also works with the keepassxc-browser extension.
------------------------------------------

As a newbee to KeePass, I hope you understand that my confusion is full-blown :-)

I hope you can advise me on whether I should use KeePassXC instead of KeePass. And, if so, can I export the KeePass database to KeePassXC? And, is there really a need to use the KeePassNatMsg plugin with KeePassXC? Anything else that I have overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

Hans L
lovemyfoxy

Re: KeePass confusion

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I've been using KP about a week, and I haven't gotten it to work properly either. I've posted questions at their forum:
https://sourceforge.net/p/keepass/discussion/329221/
Just like here, you have to register with a username and password.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
John Liebson

Re: KeePass confusion

Post by John Liebson »

Why not do it the easy way, by using the Fx extension designed specifically to work with KeePass:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search