Is it placeholders? How to load text before images/ads?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FrankSMS

Is it placeholders? How to load text before images/ads?

Post by FrankSMS »

So often in the last few months (years?) have I noticed that often I go to a very popular page like and I cannot type in the search bar before many of the images/ads have loaded on the page. Is there a way of overcoming this? So often we know exactly what we're looking for but get distracted by the drivel loading on the screen. Of course I can turn off images but I often need them for normal use. I thought this used to be called placeholders. First the text was loaded then the images. Now it seems to be the opposite. Any suggestions to wring control back into our hands?
FrankSMS

Re: Is it placeholders? How to load text before images/ads?

Post by FrankSMS »

Found a partial solution. When a webpage is loading all their drivel ads try tapping ESC as its loading. This seems to stop much of the loading of stuff in the background but doesn't seem to interfere with legit stuff. As you scroll/page down it may activate more loading so have that left hand hovering over the ESC button to kill it if it starts back up. Hope that helps someone. As ads get more pervasive this is going to be more and more aggravating.