Other Bookmarks - FF 60.1

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
taylorkh

Other Bookmarks - FF 60.1

Post by taylorkh »

CentOS recently upgraded to FF 60.1. I have a question about where new bookmarks are placed. In prior versions Ctrl-D added a bookmark to the current page to the end of the "Bookmarks" list. Yes it could get long but I would eventually organize them or delete them. With FF 60.1 I find that new bookmarks are placed by default in a folder Other Bookmarks. An extra step to find a recent bookmark. Is it possible to change FF 60.1 to add new bookmarks to the end of the list by default?

TIA,

Ken

p.s. It looks like "Bookmarks Menu" is where I want them to land.
jscher2000

Re: Other Bookmarks - FF 60.1

Post by jscher2000 »

You can use an extension to select your own default folder: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... rk-folder/ (access its options from the Add-ons page)
taylorkh

Re: Other Bookmarks - FF 60.1

Post by taylorkh »

Thanks jscher2000,

Sorry I am so late in replying. I installed the recommended addon but it has taken me a while to get it configured to do what I want (add new bookmarks to the bottom of the bookmark menu) but I finally have it working. My preferences in the addon sure look like what I first chose when I installed it. Now, however, it is actually doing what I told it. I guess I will just call that a success and move on.

Ken