NFL Videos

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
colley30

NFL Videos

Post by colley30 »

NFL Videos not working again; the audio is fine however each time I click on a video I get a static photo with only the Audio
Windows 10 is updated... Flash Player is updated to the latest version... Java is updated to the latest version
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: NFL Videos

Post by malliz »

Link?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
colley30

Post by colley30 »

the link doesn't matter; videos DO NOT play no matter what NFL Team site you're logged on to
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

colley30 wrote:the link doesn't matter; videos DO NOT play no matter what NFL Team site you're logged on to
Are you using Firefox 'tracking/content blocking' feature or maybe Private Browsing ? I had to 'turn off' tracking/content blocking to see the videos.
Also NO Flash or Java is required, they are HTML5 videos. I have Flash disabled and removed Java completely 3 yrs ago, never needed it since.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

colley30 wrote:the link doesn't matter; videos DO NOT play no matter what NFL Team site you're logged on to
So then give an example link to any one of them. When you're looking for help, you want to make it as easy as possible for people to help you. Folks not already familiar with NFL websites may not be inclined to research how to find those videos just so they can attempt to help out a stranger.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
colley30

Post by colley30 »

example?????

philadelphiaeagles.com; newenglandpatriots.com; newyorkjets.com; dallascowboys.com; buffalobills.com
ghot

Post by ghot »

I get the same result. tried to watch a Eagles cheerleaders video, got static pic, audio was fine.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

I have found that if you block 'autoplay' of the video they will not play, unblocking allows video to play, and the video controls to appear. With autoblock playback no video controls appear.
morat

Post by morat »

ghot wrote:tried to watch a Eagles cheerleaders video
I tried to watch a Saints cheerleaders video, but couldn't stop myself closing the tab.
therube

Post by therube »

That is just, weird.

(But at least we did get an actual link out of it :sigh:.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ghot

Post by ghot »

Sorry, here's the link. I went to philadelphiaeagles.com and scrolled down to the bottom and clicked on something about cheerleaders, and eventually got to the video here...

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/vide ... e-20308309

As mentioned in OP the audio works fine, the video is just a static pic.
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have been doing so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
morat

Post by morat »

@ghot

I get the same result in Chrome. I think it's a repaint issue. I can workaround the problem by decreasing the width of the window until the video renders.
ghot

Post by ghot »

@morat

Same here. Even further, after decreasing width of the window to jump start the video, I can drag window back to normal width and it will keep playing. :)
Wiggam72

Post by Wiggam72 »

The videos wouldn't play for me at first. Then I used the option to disable Privacy Badger for that site and it still didn't play. Then I did the same thing for uBlock Origin and then the videos played!

So, if you have any of those add-ons or ones like them, that could be the reason the videos won't play. I think all of those types of blockers can be disabled via the browser toolbar. That's the easiest, best and quickest way to disable them.
colley30

Post by colley30 »

I have Adblock Plus and even when I disabled ALL Blocking on the site, VIDEOS STILL WONT PLAY