Password Not Saved--Citi Bank says FF fault

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bob c

Password Not Saved--Citi Bank says FF fault

Post by bob c »

Win7X64--FF 61.0.2 FF will save user name field,, but not password. It has in the pass, and does with every one of my other Financial sites..and other none Financial sites., but not with Citi Bank. Had a online chat with them, they say it is the browser fault. I have tried Safe mode. Real mode with different extensions disabled, cleared cache, cookies, different parts of U-Block on or off. Tracking on/off, etc. Any other ideas, I personally disagree with their IT people and it being FF fault.. Fidelity Investment, Key Bank, Chase, Cadence, will all save both user and password fields. I think they're crazy.

Anything else I can try to force it.--Thank You
Brummelchen

Re: Password Not Saved--Citi Bank says FF fault

Post by Brummelchen »

Thought about that city bank wont let you save passwords? Firefox obey site settings!
burris

Post by burris »

Quantum 61.0.2 Win7

I have Citi Visa and never a problem to auto logon with one click.

At one time I used LastPass but for me found that it works just as well without all that baggage.
Richard1296

Post by Richard1296 »

Can't you manually edit the password in "Saved Logins" and then let Firefox's password
manager insert it when needed ?
I see you use FF52..I don't remember if FF52 allows password editing..FF61 does.
There are (were) addon password editors for earlier versions . I used Saved Password Editor.
Google it.

Richard
Last edited by Richard1296 on August 23rd, 2018, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

What's with the OP's UA?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
costark

Post by costark »

bob c wrote: different parts of U-Block on or off.
Anything else I can try to force it.--Thank You
Be sure your uBlock OFF was via -- about:addons/ Extensions/ DISable --. The Domain Off stuff via Toolbar Icon was meaningless but the Real OFF / DISabled Solved my issue with uBlock ORIGIN.
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

mightyglydd wrote:What's with the OP's UA?
That's the cause of the problem, I reckon - a poor attempt at an about:config general.useragent.override
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
bob c

Post by bob c »

Frank Lion wrote:
mightyglydd wrote:What's with the OP's UA?
That's the cause of the problem, I reckon - a poor attempt at an about:config general.useragent.override

I disagree--read what I wrote--Not 1 of the 4 other Financial sites has a problem, nor any of the other sites that I frequent, (like my pool forum-dsl reports forum-my electrical pay site-etc on and on), Citi is the only one. I don't think it's a poor attempt at all, only shows what family of Moz's products I have and run. All the other sites pick up the 61.0.2 and go with it. That's a lot of sites I visit.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Just change it to default and try you have nothing to lose and vanity user agents are pointless anyway
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Why not try the default UA? It's possible that Citibank's site is browser sniffing and, when it doesn't recognize the UA string, it blocks the access. If that is the case, it would explain why you can access all of the other sites you visit but not Citibank. Resetting to default and then testing would prove or disprove that supposition.
kreemoweet

Post by kreemoweet »

Here, I can not get access to ANY Citibank webpage I've tried. Tab title always says "cross-site script error". No doubt
just another Firefox failing, eh?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Maybe try using the latest version before making comments.
Last edited by DanRaisch on August 25th, 2018, 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor edit for language.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
elist74

Post by elist74 »

I try this. in history (ctrl h) find the trouble site "Citibank" and right click and choose "forget about this site" (this will resset the page and pass/login

:-) hope this work :-)
bob c

Post by bob c »

Is now fixed. Took logins,json & Key4.db from my duplicate computer used for backups, copied into this one solved the problem. Have no clue though what caused the corruption to happen to stop "citi" password, as in my original post. It was the only one that did this. Strange! Also changed my UA string which I'm sure will make some happy, even though it wasn't the problem.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

maybe broken files, who knows. external cleaners working on firefox?

btw - what i told you before
https://online.citi.com/US/login.do
autocomplete="off"
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_inpu ... mplete.asp