How to eliminate the margins in Reader View?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FrankSMS

How to eliminate the margins in Reader View?

Post by FrankSMS »

I love Reader View (best feature of Firefox by far and almost nobody seems to know about it!) but I noticed it has some pretty big margins on each side. I wondered if there was any way of reducing them? Because then it would be PERFECT!
LewS

Re: How to eliminate the margins in Reader View?

Post by LewS »

Click on the "Aa" in the left hand margin and then on the
arrows pointing away from each other; this will eliminate
all the margins except that containing the controls.
Kevin McFarlane

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

LewS, I'd never actually tried those controls! You learn something new every day!
Kevin McFarlane

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

FrankSMS wrote:I love Reader View (best feature of Firefox by far and almost nobody seems to know about it!) but I noticed it has some pretty big margins on each side. I wondered if there was any way of reducing them? Because then it would be PERFECT!
I use it quite regularly but reader view really comes into its own on mobile. It's often a necessity to avoid accidentally clicking on ads or other guff.

It doesn't always work though. E.g., at (france24.com). Fails on desktop, though it's fine for me on mobile. It also fails with the reader view extension in Opera. It works fine in Edge though.
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

Thank you! I don't know how I would have missed that. Worked like a charm! You'd think they'd set the default for zero margins for Reader View but such is life.