Redirect notice in images

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
cobminor

Redirect notice in images

Post by cobminor »

I have looked at this site for info on this but nothing seems to be specific enough.
When I am browsing images I often Left click an image to open the thumbnail so that I can visit the page. When I try to open the website using the 'visit' button I get a redirect warning, if I close down the warning page and then refresh the page with the thumbnail on, until it once again shows the opened thumbnail, then click 'visit' the webpage loads without the warning.

There seems to be no criteria for when this occurs but once it has started on a particular page of thumbnails it continues until the refresh.

I have tried deleting the browsing history, even deleting all history apart from open pages but it persists. I do get the feeling that it is something to do with how long a page has been open, or how much it has been used but this is only a feeling.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
cobminor

Re: Redirect notice in images

Post by cobminor »

Going a bit further with this. I have now got Two identical pages of thumbnails open, one page gives the warning when I try to visit a site and the other one is fine.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Page? Google images?

Run adwcleaner from malwarebytes and try firefox safe mode - could be malware or bad extension.
the magic number is 51 and you are probably part of it :p
cobminor

Post by cobminor »

Thanks,

I ran Malwarebytes, disc cleaner and a registry cleaner Two days ago, coincidental but they were run. I am loathe to close FF at the moment as I have these Two identical pages to play with.

As an afterthought, this has been happening for a year or more but I was never concerned enough to sort it, now it is more a point of interest, it is no hassle to refresh the page, I just don't think FF should be doing this.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

What program is tbat "disc cleaner"? If it's CCleaner it should be configured to leave Firefox and any other Mozilla products you may have alone. All sorts of strange problems have been traced back to CCleaner messing with Mozilla files it should not be touching.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
cobminor

Post by cobminor »

Doug,

Thanks for that, it is ccleaner and it does leave FF alone.

Thanks all for the help but I am going to give this best for now, until it annoys me again.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Brummelchen asked Page? - IOW, the web page where we might be able to see and experience what is happening for you.

My guess is that those images are hosted on a different website ans when those images are displayed in Firefox you don't get a redirect warning because Firefox "knows" where those images are located. But when you attempt to open the page where those websites are hosted using 'visit' you get the redirect warning because Firefox will be getting sent to a different website / domain. I have seen that happen when I am viewing images from a Google Images search, but not all the time - infrequently and nothing that I have taken the time to rationalize as to "why".
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

if I close down the warning page and then refresh the page with the thumbnail on, until it once again shows the opened thumbnail, then click 'visit' the webpage loads without the warning.
could be a cookie problem. thats why i asked for the page where issue occurs. for google i dont see any warning, ok, cookies are allowed for session.