FF Stalls on Many Sites

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Wiggam72

Re: FF Stalls on Many Sites

Post by Wiggam72 »

Well, I've used it for years. All I can tell you is that I've fixed a ton of PC's that run sluggish while browsing on the net and also while not, and after running CCleaner, they all ran like a new PC. On all of those occasions, the user had at least 3GB of crap on their PC.

The most important thing about using CCleaner is as I said is to disable FF cleaning and Save whenever possible. Also, rarely use the Registry cleaning option. Probably once or twice a year or not at all.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Wiggam72 wrote:had at least 3GB of crap on their PC.

Never realized that WIN was that bad.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Haven't updated CC beyond 5.43.6522, has non Browser/Registry related uses but looks like things started to go pear-shaped after Avast acquired Piriform.
FYI. Discussions here.. https://www.ghacks.net/?s=ccleaner
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Wiggam72

Post by Wiggam72 »

Wow! I wasn't aware that Avast acquired CCleaner last year in July, and there are some concerns. So far I haven't had any major issues with it. That would explain the hacking last year. The current version seems to be working better than the ones a few updates ago to around the time it was first acquired. I'll keep an eye out.

The hacking occurred last year (a couple months after it was acquired), but fortunately I and millions of other users weren't affected because it only affected 32bit users and the free version does not update automatically, and only affected "version 5.33.6162 of CCleaner or CCleaner Cloud 1.07.3191, released on August 15th, 2017." I remember being frustrated that every time I opened CCleaner it would show the new update message, but when I tried to update, it wouldn't work. It wasn't until a couple weeks after the first time I got the new update message that I found out that they blocked the update and fortunately caught it before it got a chance to affect a lot of users. "A few days after this news broke, a second payload was discovered that affected 64-bit users—but it was a targeted attack against tech companies, so it’s unlikely most home users were affected.)"

https://www.howtogeek.com/326742/cclean ... d-to-know/
RobertJ wrote:
Wiggam72 wrote:had at least 3GB of crap on their PC.

Never realized that WIN was that bad.

:lol: Yep, it can get that bad after a year or so of not cleaning the crap out.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Ccleaner latest seems proper again,but some has to set the option for it. Blocking with firewall could be. Vulnerable 5.33 no1 knows if previous versions are secure - there exist no recommendation for old software! Btw 3gb is not much anyhow points out that there is no interest to it.even not in windows cleaning manager (cleanmgr). Guess there exist more unsolved issues...o
the magic number is 51 and you are probably part of it :p
therube

Post by therube »

zlaer wrote:FF stalls
Version?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
zlaer

Post by zlaer »

So guys what can I do to fix this problem??
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

therube wrote:Version?
You could answer therube's question.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Besides the version the url of a site it stalls on?

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Tomatoshadow2

Post by Tomatoshadow2 »

Also, is it just that one website?