Partial page text disappears even in fresh profile

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
ttggzz

Partial page text disappears even in fresh profile

Post by ttggzz »

Hello, I'm stumped, been ignoring this for a while but I'm concerned of missing things when making searches etc. I have a FF profile where the following page opens with a bunch of charts, you have to scroll down to see all the charts and text. In several other profiles, even one I just started fresh and made no changes to, it shows just the top of the page then a phone number that is normally at the bottom [moved to the top of the page].

I also tried this in safe mode, no change. As near as I can tell there is nothing special about the one profile that works. I could site other behaviors, but first could someone try this link and see if it displays normally for you?
http://www.baconsdozen.co.uk/tools/conv ... charts.htm

I took some screen shots but it appears they need to be loaded to an external hosting site?
This should be at the bottom of the page, after scrolling through a bunch of charts and text:
Tel (44) 01472353993 Mobile 07974435627..
If it's near the top with no text or charts to scroll through, you have the same problem as me.
thanks for your time and any info!
Last edited by ttggzz on September 4th, 2018, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ttggzz

Re: Partial page text disappears even in fresh profile

Post by ttggzz »

OK, this is bizarre. I think I had that complete page mentioned above loaded for a long time, I just put in the link listed above and now it only loads the partial page. The bizarre part is that when I hit the back button/look at history there is nothing there. The page must have changed since I started trying it in other profiles, fortunately I took a [partial] screen shot to prove I'm not crazy :)

So, the "other behaviors" I was talking about, I recently did a search for something, then was looking for the text on the page. Apparently the text I was looking for was under a picture, as I was typing in the "find in page" search area the text was appearing beneath the picture [like a caption]. Without typing in "find in page" the text was invisible. Something is wrong!
therube

Post by therube »

it shows just the top of the page then a phone number that is normally at the bottom [moved to the top of the page].
If I look at your page source, I see nothing that would indicate "charts".
IOW, from what I can tell, what you are expecting to be there is not - because it isn't there.

So if at some point it was there, the page changed & it is not there - currently.

Whitworth, I remember that.

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html><head><title>Convert,compare all Imperial tool,nut,bolt and spanner sizes to metric.</title>
<meta 
content="Convert Whitworth,BSF,BA,AF sizes to metric.Wrench,socket,nut and bolt sizes explained." 
name=description>
<meta 
content="AF to metric,imperial size conversion,british standard whitworth in mm , wrench sizes inch to mm, spanner sizes, imperial spanner sizes, BA sizes to mm, english spanner sizes to metric , af to mm, convert imperial to metric tool sizes,whitworth in metric" 
name=keywords>
<meta content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" name="viewport">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-5085769-2', 'baconsdozen.co.uk');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

<meta content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.5512" name="GENERATOR"></head>
<body bgcolor="#ececec">
<center><font color="#0000a0" size="5">I've been buying and selling imperial based 
tools for over thirty years. </font></center>
<center><font color="#0000a0" size="5"></font>&nbsp;</center>
<center><font color="#0000a0" size="5">These&nbsp;charts help compare and explain 
the various imperial standards <a href="Whitworth.htm">(Whitworth/BSF,BA and 
AF)</a> with metric and list&nbsp;all spanner/socket sizes from 10BA to 60mm at 
bottom of page.</font><font color="#0000a0" size="6"></center>
<center>
<center><font color="#0000a0"><font color="#0000ff"><font 
size=4></font></font></font>&nbsp;</center>
<center><font color="#0000a0"><font color="#0000ff"><font size="4"><font 
color=#0000a0>Enthusiasts&nbsp;working and repairing&nbsp;older 
machinery</font></font></font></font></font><font color="#0000a0" 
size=4>&nbsp;soon encounter Whitworth and BSF (British Standard Fine) or 
Imperial AF (SAE)&nbsp;fixings along with BA (British Association) and possibly 
BSC (British Standard Cycle) threads.&nbsp;Metric tools aren't made to fit 
these,the correct imperial or inch based tools are available&nbsp;&nbsp;I 
prepared t</font><font size="3"><font color="#0000a0"><font size="4">he tables on this 
much copied page to help explain these Imperial Standards and what tools and 
sizes are needed to fit them.&nbsp;</font></font></font></center>
<center><font color="#0000a0" size="4"></font>&nbsp;</center>
<center>&nbsp;</center></center>
<p align="center"><font size="5">Tel (44) 01472353993 Mobile 
07974435627.</font><font size="5">.<br><br></font></p>
<p>&nbsp;</td></tr></tbody></table>&nbsp; </p>
<center></center>
<center></center></body></html>
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ttggzz

Post by ttggzz »

If I look at your page source, I see nothing that would indicate "charts".
IOW, from what I can tell, what you are expecting to be there is not - because it isn't there.

So if at some point it was there, the page changed & it is not there - currently.
thanks, yeah I guess I had that page loaded for a loooong time. I reloaded it and discovered my mistake [see my second post]. A bit embarassed!

Is that a screenshot you posted? How did you do it? I didn't see any options when I was posting.
thanks
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ttggzz

Post by ttggzz »

thanks!