FF ESR 60.2.0 backout?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
iamme99

FF ESR 60.2.0 backout?

Post by iamme99 »

I foolishly updated to ESR 60.2.0 today. Now many of my add-on's don't work and my UI is hosed up. How do I back this out and return to the previous version?
Brummelchen

Re: FF ESR 60.2.0 backout?

Post by Brummelchen »

Only with a profile backup and 52esr latest. Your current profile is not reversable. Anyhow you better deal with this instead using a vulnerable browser and search/ask for replacements. And its high recommended to start with a clean profile and copy only the hand full if important data. Any specific profile like yours has issue sooner than later.
the magic number is 51 and you are probably part of it :p
iamme99

Post by iamme99 »

Lucky I had an Acronis image backup from a couple of days ago, so was able to restore.

It's nasty when Mozilla does a major update like the jump to ESR 60.x and does not tell the user what will happen! More than half my add-on's were disabled, I lost my status bar, various customizations did not work and more.

I'll consider updating if and when I am ready. Right now, I am going to look into Waterfox, which I hear will not kill my add-on's.

Why do I need to use FF, which seems to be a Chrome look-alike these days? Why not just use Chrome?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Why indeed?

Locking this as there seems to be no further support issues to address.