Sort Bookmarks In Sidebar By Date

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Spottedfeather

Sort Bookmarks In Sidebar By Date

Post by Spottedfeather »

I had some problems with firefox and installed and reinstalled before I could find out how to get it to stop updating to Quantum...whatever that is. I'm on version 56, by the way.

I THINK I've got it back to where I want it, but I can't figure out how to sort the bookmarks by date added in the sidebar. I can do it in the full bookmark menu, but not in the sidebar....which is what I use to do the bookmarks. Also, the star in the address bar is gone now...for some reason and I can't figure out how to get it back.

ANOTHER also....when firefox starts, it shows the home page as a tab. I don't like this. How do I fix it ?
Think about this. Once bread becomes toast, you can't make it back into bread.
DanRaisch

Re: Sort Bookmarks In Sidebar By Date

Post by DanRaisch »

Using a version of Firefox as obsolete as 56 means running with a browser that has unresolved security issues. Quantum is still Firefox but with changes, including new extension requirements that may make legacy extensions unusable.
If you won't move up to a current release version (currently 62), you may want to consider switching to the ESR version of Firefox -- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/sw ... elease-esr
therube

Re: Sort Bookmarks In Sidebar By Date

Post by therube »

(Current ESR, 60, is still Quantum, so Legacy extensions are dead there too.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript