Message ID Finder

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
somebody62

Message ID Finder

Post by somebody62 »

Is there any way to find message by its Message ID? There was an add-on but this doesn't work with the new version of Thunderbird.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_add-ons

Are you sure its not just a question of bypassing or disabling the version check?
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

You can easily add the message id to the list of headers you can search for using the full search facility (Edit | Find | Search Messages).

Bring up the search window and under the left search pulldown (the one that defaults to Subject), select Customize. Under New message header enter Message-Id and press the Add button, then the OK button. "Message-Id" will now be one of the things you can search for, both here and in the Filter interface.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Rangrace

Re: Message ID Finder

Post by Rangrace »

What's needed, is the ability to retrieve a message from the message ID link in the headers, when the message does not exist locally. Also, I don't want to go to a Google Groups link on my browser. I want the message to be downloaded from my news server, into the Thunderbird news reader. Forte Agent does this easily. We've had this ability in the past, through various add-ons like Mnenhy, but they're all not working any longer, even when you try to update them.
DanRaisch

Re: Message ID Finder

Post by DanRaisch »

You've replied to a thread that died 10 years ago. To get support you should create a new topic and provide specifics about you want to do and what you have tried.

Locking this due to the age of the original posts.