[EXT] Menu Wizard

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Menu Wizard

Post by pag77 »

LAMj wrote:I can't get hotkey for "Close Tabs to the Right" and "Close Other Tabs" to work. Any clues?
please more details about your problem with screenshots step-by-step
SomeGuy123

Post by SomeGuy123 »

Every time Menu wizard is installed in Firefox I get this empty tab when I start firefox, in the address bar it says "?v=5.10-5.10".

This happens after a while Firefox is installed for the first time. I fixed it once by reinstalling menu wizard, but that doesn't fix it anymore. As long as menu wizard is installed this happens upon every start of Firefox.

Menu wizard is very intrusive overall, by having advertisement, and by randomly giving a "reminder" tab to enable advertising. Now this problem I'm having too. Dude it's just a menu editing extension, no need to torture people to give you money. If you had a "donate" button people would much more likely donate to you, but no one is going to enable advertising; unless you actually force it even though it is disabled, and that's why I'm having this problem now. What exactly do you put in our PCs?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

SomeGuy123 wrote:Every time Menu wizard is installed in Firefox I get this empty tab when I start firefox, in the address bar it says "?v=5.10-5.10"
Opening this page every time you launch the browser - This behavior may be due to the fact that Firefox can not save preferences.
To solve the problem, try this:
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how ... -wont-save
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Preferences_not_saved

or

type in address bar: about:config
search: extensions.s3menuwizard.not_open_contribute_page
set: true
SomeGuy123

Post by SomeGuy123 »

[/quote]
search: extensions.s3menuwizard.not_open_contribute_page
set: true[/quote]

This fixed it. So it was as I suspected and mentioned. This happens because Menu wizard wants to forcibly, without any option to remove it, open a contribute page every now and then to remind people to contribute and enable advertising.

I don't say this to be rude to you, I love menu wizard, but I say this to help: Nobody will ever contribute if you keep annoying them to. Why do think millions of people got adblockers and popup blockers installed. Have a donate button and you will much more likely get contributions.

Thanks for your great extension, not so much thanks for the way it annoys people.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

SomeGuy123 wrote:This happens because Menu wizard wants to forcibly, without any option to remove it, open a contribute page every now and then to remind people to contribute and enable advertising.
Opening this page every time you launch the browser - This behavior may be due to the fact that Firefox can not save preferences!
lilsting10

Post by lilsting10 »

i am trying to create a new menu item in Menu Wizard.

I am trying to replicate the function of a bookmarklet which reflows web content to the borders of the firefox window, but importing it's "location" code into on_command or on_click fields of Menu Editor does not insert the required results when the item is clicked on my right-click menu.

Code: Select all

javascript:(function(){function%20t(f){a=d.createNodeIterator(d,1,f,false);while(a.nextNode()){}}var%20d=document;t(function(e){x=e.offsetLeft;l=e.offsetParent;while(l!=null){x+=l.offsetLeft;l=l.offsetParent}var%20w=d.documentElement.clientWidth-x;var%20s=e.style;if(s.marginLeft)w-=s.marginLeft;if(s.marginRight)w-=s.marginRight;if(s.paddingLeft)w-=s.paddingLeft;if(s.paddingRight)w-=s.paddingRight;if(s.borderSize)w-=s.borderSize;w-=d.defaultView.innerWidth-d.documentElement.offsetWidth;if(e.tagName=='IMG'){h=e.clientHeight*w/e.clientWidth;s.maxHeight=h}s.maxWidth=w+'px'})})();
pag77

Post by pag77 »

lilsting10 wrote:i am trying to create a new menu item in Menu Wizard.

I am trying to replicate the function of a bookmarklet which reflows web content to the borders of the firefox window, but importing it's "location" code into on_command or on_click fields of Menu Editor does not insert the required results when the item is clicked on my right-click menu.

javascript:(function(){function%20t(f){a=d.createNodeIterator(d,1,f,false);while(a.nextNode()){}}var%20d=document;t(function(e){x=e.offsetLeft;l=e.offsetParent;while(l!=null){x+=l.offsetLeft;l=l.offsetParent}var%20w=d.documentElement.clientWidth-x;var%20s=e.style;if(s.marginLeft)w-=s.marginLeft;if(s.marginRight)w-=s.marginRight;if(s.paddingLeft)w-=s.paddingLeft;if(s.paddingRight)w-=s.paddingRight;if(s.borderSize)w-=s.borderSize;w-=d.defaultView.innerWidth-d.documentElement.offsetWidth;if(e.tagName=='IMG'){h=e.clientHeight*w/e.clientWidth;s.maxHeight=h}s.maxWidth=w+'px'})})();
just add this code to oncommand or onclick:

(function(){function t(f){a=d.createNodeIterator(d,1,f,false);while(a.nextNode()){}}var d=document;t(function(e){x=e.offsetLeft;l=e.offsetParent;while(l!=null){x+=l.offsetLeft;l=l.offsetParent}var w=d.documentElement.clientWidth-x;var s=e.style;if(s.marginLeft)w-=s.marginLeft;if(s.marginRight)w-=s.marginRight;if(s.paddingLeft)w-=s.paddingLeft;if(s.paddingRight)w-=s.paddingRight;if(s.borderSize)w-=s.borderSize;w-=d.defaultView.innerWidth-d.documentElement.offsetWidth;if(e.tagName=='IMG'){h=e.clientHeight*w/e.clientWidth;s.maxHeight=h}s.maxWidth=w+'px'})})();
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

Is anyone else having issues using MenuWizard to assign a hotkey to the 'Service Workers' and 'Eyedropper' built-in Firefox Developer Tools? The settings just won't be retained for those particular items.

This worked perfectly in all versions up to (and including) v55, but in Firefox and Waterfox v56, every time I assign hotkeys to those two entries it never lasts beyond a browser restart. After restarting the browser, when I go back and check the entries for those two items, the hotkeys that I saved are gone (and the hotkey box is unchecked and grayed out).

This does not happen for other Dev Tools or other menu items.
JohnDohe

Post by JohnDohe »

TO ANYONE:

Hi!

MY SYSTEM:
MacBook
Sierra 10.12.6
FireFox 56.0b9 (64-bit)

PROBLEM:
When a right-click a word and scroll down to "Define..." no definition comes up.
Just "Looking..." appears and stays there as long and I stay there.

Is there a way to get this feature working?

Could this extension fix this functionality?

Thanks!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

This extension is not related to the functionality you're asking for.
Olofern

Post by Olofern »

Hi,

I added an item in the bookmark toolbar. This item is visible in the context menu of the bookmarks menu of the toolbar, the sidebar, and the menu bar. Unfortunately, the menu in the sidebar doesn't work.
I know Menu Wizard doesn't edit dynamic menu but the bookmarks menu of the menu bar and sidebar seem the same. Why this different behavior?
Ironclad17

Post by Ironclad17 »

Does anyone have a copy of the extension or a mirror link? I still got a lot of use out of it in other browsers.
VLMin

Post by VLMin »

Ironclad17, One source is the Classic Add-ons Archive, an XUL-based extension, which may be found here.Note that the file is about 41 MB, because it contains all the extensions' code, historical code, etc.

Install it, then type "menu wizard" int he search box, upper right-hand corner.
bob99

Post by bob99 »

Is there an alternative addon to this for Firefox Quantum? My context menus are a mess.
VLMin

Post by VLMin »

Sorry, no clue.