FF 60.2 ESR question

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
iammike

FF 60.2 ESR question

Post by iammike »

Guys,

I also got updated to 60.2 ESR and it's oke, I had to ditch a lot of my add-ons, but as said it's oke.

Now the only thing I really dislike is that the Status Bar that is on the Bottom Left. Is there any way (CSS) to move it back so it that shows in the address bar ???

Personally I find the current position a very strange place for it because I like to see where a URL (when I hover on it) takes me, so address bar would be most logically and also the font that is used is very tiny.

Thx in advance

Edit: Another annoyance is, that when I Hit CTRL+D (add bookmark), the standard Folder is "Other Bookmarks" and I want it default to "Bookmarks Menu"
jscher2000

Re: FF 60.2 ESR question

Post by jscher2000 »

iammike wrote:Now the only thing I really dislike is that the Status Bar that is on the Bottom Left. Is there any way (CSS) to move it back so it that shows in the address bar ???
Possibly a custom style rule in a userChrome.css file can move the mouse-over-status to a different position such as the upper left corner instead of the lower left corner. I don't think it can be moved into the address bar. I have't seen a rule for it myself.
Another annoyance is, that when I Hit CTRL+D (add bookmark), the standard Folder is "Other Bookmarks" and I want it default to "Bookmarks Menu"
There is an add-on for that: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... rk-folder/

After installation, go to its options page (for example, via the Add-ons page, Extensions), and select your preferred folder.
iammike

Post by iammike »

Thx @jscher2000. Appreciated.

Oke on 1, I would also be happy if there is a way to make the font of the mouse-over-status (thx for the full name) bigger. Do you know a way ?

On 2: Perfect, will go and play with it

Edit: Installed the add-on and it works, but isn't it overkill to install an Add-on just to change the location of where bookmarks are saved ?

Again, really appreciate the help !
iammike

Post by iammike »

Re 1: Status bar I found something on the Web and it's oke for now

Code: Select all

.statuspanel-label {border: none !important; background: rgba(80%, 80%, 80%, 0.6); font-size: 18px; text-shadow: 1px -1px 0 #ededed;
color: #121212; border-radius: 4px 4px 0 0; padding-top: 0; padding-bottom: 1px}
kukla

Post by kukla »

Try the following. Works very well for me. If needed, adjust font size to suit your taste. I use this in combination with the addon load progress bar https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... gress-bar/, which then basically reproduces Status-4-Evar. Well sort of.

/*status bar*/
#browser-bottombox { height: 20px; border-top: solid 1px #505050; }
.browserContainer>statuspanel { left: 4px !important; bottom: 0px; transition-duration: 0s !important; transition-delay: 0s !important; }
.browserContainer>statuspanel>.statuspanel-inner>.statuspanel-label { margin-left: 0px !important; border: none !important; padding: 0px !important; }
window[inFullscreen="true"] #browser-bottombox { display:none !important; }
window[inFullscreen="true"] .browserContainer>statuspanel[type="overLink"] .statuspanel-label { display:none !important; }

/* Status Bar font/color */
.statuspanel-label {font-size: 9.5pt !important;font-weight: normal !important;color: black !important;}
iammike

Post by iammike »

Thx @kukla.

Will try that. Appreciate your posting this.