Storage Inspector Columns and Data

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Jaywalker1

Storage Inspector Columns and Data

Post by Jaywalker1 »

I would like to use the Storage Inspector to remove Local Storage cookies that I object to, such as Google Analytics and others.

However, when I enter Storage Inspector the view of storage items is very limited. I "toggled tools," then entered Storage Inspector and I could see some storage items, but only for the web page I was currently on.

How do view all storage items, regardless of the page I'm on?
jscher2000

Re: Storage Inspector Columns and Data

Post by jscher2000 »

I don't think there is a Local (DOM) Storage viewer in Firefox, other than the Storage Inspector you mentioned, or the summary line in the "Manage Data" dialog on the Preferences page, Privacy & Security, Cookies and Site Data section.

I also don't think there is an API extensions can use to query DOM Storage across all sites, as there is with cookies, so it might not be possible to create an extension for this.
Jaywalker1

Re: Storage Inspector Columns and Data

Post by Jaywalker1 »

I misled you, I think. I wasn't looking for an alternative to the Storage Inspector, just how to use this one better.

This site: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... _Inspector reads in the "Local Storage/Session Storage" portion that "When an origin corresponding to local storage or session storage is selected, the table will list the name and value of all the items corresponding to local storage or session storage." To me, that indicated that all the local storage was listed. It didn't appear to me that that was happening.

If I have to pinpoint exactly where in the past I picked up local storage the Storage Inspector will be less useful to me. I'll have to go back to "Clear All History / Everything" in order to remove it.