Firefox 60.2.0/Quantum cant search bookmarks within a folder

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
poisonu

Firefox 60.2.0/Quantum cant search bookmarks within a folder

Post by poisonu »

Good Day,

Please help.

I need to search bookmarks within a bookmark's folder, but I can't do so in Firefox ESR 60.2.0/Quantum.

Up to & including Firefox ESR 52.9.0 (since Firefox 19 when the Bookmarks Library's Search filter feature was missing), I could do so by using a Superb Add-on, namely SavedSearchButton by Alice0775,
but that Add-on is not compatible with Firefox ESR 60.2.0/Quantum (thus disabled), and it is also not listed any longer on Add-ons for Firefox.

Does anyone know of any replacement Add-on (or any other method) that will enable me to search bookmarks within a bookmark's folder?

Thank you Very Much,
Roberta
Greetings from The Land Downunder....
jscher2000

Re: Firefox 60.2.0/Quantum cant search bookmarks within a fo

Post by jscher2000 »

There are many bookmark-related extensions, so if you don't get a specific recommendations, you may need to "go shopping" on the Add-ons site.

This one has search, but the recent reviews complain about the loading speed. (I don't know if that's only on the initial load or every time.) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... nd-viewer/
poisonu

Re: Firefox 60.2.0/Quantum cant search bookmarks within a fo

Post by poisonu »

jscher2000 wrote:There are many bookmark-related extensions, so if you don't get a specific recommendations, you may need to "go shopping" on the Add-ons site.

This one has search, but the recent reviews complain about the loading speed. (I don't know if that's only on the initial load or every time.) https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... nd-viewer/
@jscher2000,

Thank you Very Much for your Greatly Appreciated reply.

As per your suggestion, I have already "gone shopping" on the Add-ons site, but I have not yet found a suitable Add-on.

I am hoping Alice0775 or someone else, will develop/create an elegant small Add-on for Firefox Quantum like the Superb SavedSearchButton by Alice0775.

Thank you Very Much,
Roberta
Greetings from The Land Downunder....