Edit a Contact List or Distribution List

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
baumgrenze

Edit a Contact List or Distribution List

Post by baumgrenze »

I figured out how to select and remove the addresses of some recipients who have rotated out of a group.

I can't find the instructions for adding the email addresses of new group members (I have their information in my Personal Address Book) to the same existing Contact or Distribution list.

Is it trivially simple? What are the steps?
Thanks,

Baumgrenze
TPR75

Re: Edit a Contact List or Distribution List

Post by TPR75 »

baumgrenze wrote:I figured out how to select and remove the addresses of some recipients who have rotated out of a group.

I can't find the instructions for adding the email addresses of new group members (I have their information in my Personal Address Book) to the same existing Contact or Distribution list.

Is it trivially simple? What are the steps?
Open "Address Book", expand tree view (if necessary), click on list name and then "Edit the selected item" button:

Now you can remove old and add new e-mail addresses.
--
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

baumgrenze

Post by baumgrenze »

TPR75 wrote:
Open "Address Book", expand tree view (if necessary), click on list name and then "Edit the selected item" button:

Now you can remove old and add new e-mail addresses.
Thank you, this is just the help I wanted.

I found the email addresses I wanted to add in the To: of a recent email and copied and pasted them.

The 'Display Name' in the paste was a copy of the email address. It needed to be hand edited so that it displayed correctly.

If there is a way to copy an email address and its Display Name from the Personal Address Book page, or a way to link a new entry in a Distribution list with the entry in the Personal Address Book, I did not find that.

Thanks again for patiently pointing me in the right direction.
Thanks,

Baumgrenze
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Add address already in your address book to a mail list (assuming it works the same in Seamonkey as in Thunderbird):

Display address book list in right address book panel.
Drag item from right pane and drop on the mail list name in the left column.

When you've added all the items you want, click on the list name in left column to display contents in right pane.

Hints when naming mail lists:
  • I start all my list names with a period to sort them to the top of the address book to make them easy to locate. Also, typing a period into the TO field when composing a message brings up a menu of all my lists from which to choose.
  • List names with spaces in them have been reported to cause some people problems.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers