SeaMonkey Composer image display problems

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite

SeaMonkey Composer image display problems

Post by Guest »

I am finding a strange problem with SM 2.06 on Mac 10.5.8 and 10.6.4. When using Composer to build a Web page if I place an image with the Insert menu or the tool bar and pick "URL is relative to page location" I get a broken link in Composer. The image is in the thumbnail in the Image Preview and the code is correct. A preview in FF or Safari shows the image fine. Also if I close the file and reopen it in SeaMonkey it is fine. It is only the Normal and Preview modes in Composer when it is first placed there that shows a broken link.

If however I create an absolute link by not picking relative or not saving the file first it shows up fine. Of course this would not work when published since it links to my own computer.

It is true of JPEG and GIF, and yes I do have the preferences set to accept all images. It is a display issue in Composer for a relative link.

Any ideas??
davidsmartin

Re: SeaMonkey Composer image display problems

Post by davidsmartin »

Same problem 8 years later. If I pick "absolute" I see the picture. If I pick "relative" I do not. But if I close composer and view the page in the browser then I can see the picture again.
DanRaisch

Re: SeaMonkey Composer image display problems

Post by DanRaisch »

You're replied to a thread that died more than 8 years ago. Please create a new topic, providing details of the issue you are experiencing and identifying the version of SeaMonkey you are using.

Locking this due to the age of the original post.