After pushing back page, the browser goes forward again.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
RetroMoly

After pushing back page, the browser goes forward again.

Post by RetroMoly »

I'm running Firefox 62.0.3 on Windows 10 on a new laptop

I've been having a few problems. I seem to have resolved the problem with incomplete page loads by changing security.sandbox.content.level from 5 to 2

Now I'm having trouble with the back button.Here's what happens...

1. Load a page - for example, a google search. Call this Page A
2. Click on a link on the page, this loads Page B
3. Press the back button to go back to the search results, Page A

Now - sometime immediately, sometimes after some time - and after no user input other then moving the mouse pointer, the tab loads Page B again. WTF?

Any ideas?
RetroMoly

Re: After pushing back page, the browser goes forward again.

Post by RetroMoly »

Ok, I'm thinking this may be a hardware or Windows problem on the new computer, because I'm seeing the same thing with Chrome.
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

If you right-click the Back button and look at the tab history, does it hint at a possible redirect within the site or from a forwarder? In that case, you may need to use that tab history menu to go back further (click the page you want to refer to).

Otherwise, the keyboard shortcut Alt+right arrow will go "Forward" in history. Maybe that is somehow getting triggered.
lasardo

Post by lasardo »

How are you going back? Clicking the icon, or using a custom key, mouse wheel, or touchpad gesture?
therube

Post by therube »

I'm thinking inadvertent action on the touchpad.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
RetroMoly

Post by RetroMoly »

This doesn't seem to happen for every tab, but the one where it happens all the time is a google search where I click on a link to this forum. I would hope this forum isn't doing anything nefarious. When I right-click on the back button, it shows "New Tab" at the bottom, the google search above that, and then a link to a thread on this forum.

I'm going back by clicking the icon in the upper left corned with the left physical mouse button at the top of the touchpad. I'm navigating with the mini joystick thing in the middle of the keyboard. No touchpad interaction at all.

This is a touchscreen laptop, and I just used that to tap the icon - same result ... after a few seconds it goes forward again.
RetroMoly

Post by RetroMoly »

Ok, it's not just the back button. I had clicked on a facebook photo, then closed it with the 'X' in the upper right corner. After a few seconds, it pops open again
RetroMoly

Post by RetroMoly »

Ok, figured it out - not a firefox problem.
Bad driver for the pointer stick.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook- ... 240/page/3