PROFILE MANAGER

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
marico

PROFILE MANAGER

Post by marico »

I just copied my default profile to and new profile...user 2. However my email (use my browser for my mail) has not transferred over along with address book etc. Is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks...
marico :?:
DanRaisch

Re: PROFILE MANAGER

Post by DanRaisch »

How did you copy your profile?
marico

Post by marico »

Control Panel, Sys & Sec, Sys, Adv Sys Settings, User Profile Settings , copy default to user 2
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

So you are referring to copying your Windows user profile? I've never seen a report here of anyone trying it that way and it seems a bit of overkill.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _SeaMonkey
marico

Post by marico »

Thank you. I spent a long long time reading all the Mozilla directions. I am not a techie and the more I read the more confused I became. I just want to bring the email over to the user 2. So that when I am in that browser I can access my email. I may just forget it. The only reason I am doing that is because my SeaMonkey keeps hanging. I have tried many suggestions and some helped but didn't completely solve it. One suggestion was to use my other profile and see if that would do it.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It's not really that difficult.

How are your accounts set up in SeaMonkey, as POP or IMAP? Find out using (in the email window) menu path Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings->click on "Server Settings" for each account present and see what is listed next to "Server Type".
marico

Post by marico »

pop
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Sorry, should have asked this before: Are all of the accounts present in the old profile listed in the new profile when you use that menu path above, and do they have the same server type listed?
marico

Post by marico »

Email does not appear in the new profile. When I click on my email it just tells me to set the account up.
marico

Post by marico »

I just assumed if I imported the one in Profile 1 that it would bring everything over. Is that incorrect?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I've never copied a Windows user profile so I can't be certain what happens when one does. There are probably limits on what elements of non-Microsoft applications the copy process would "know" to include.

Have you tried just setting up the same accounts in the new profile, noting the settings used in the old profile and matching that in the new?
marico

Post by marico »

I will do that.
marico

Post by marico »

I have set up the email account but it will not accept my password. I am using the same one from my default. I have something missing in my smtp and maybe that is the problem. Port 587 is missing in the new smtp and I have gone back over it several times in the new and cannot figure out how to get it in there.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I don't know what that means. Are you looking at Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings->Outgoing Server (SMTP)->click on the name of the account at top right and then on the "Edit" button?
marico

Post by marico »

Okay... walked away from the puter for awhile. I was getting blind. Went back to new smtp and found the port 587. However have compared my passwords to my default and everything is the same. However new email will still not accept passwords.