PROFILE MANAGER

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
DanRaisch

Re: PROFILE MANAGER

Post by DanRaisch »

What is the exact text of the error message you are getting when trying to send a message?
Check the settings, particularly the user name, to ensure that there isn't a comma in place of a period or a space at the end of the entry.
marico

Post by marico »

Thank you. Looked at my password mgr and my username is my email addy in the default. In the new one it is marion. I will need to change those. Also in my default it shows mailbox etc and smtp etc. In my new one it only shows smtp but no mailbox in new one. Hopefully I can correct those. Thanks so much for your patience.
marico

Post by marico »

Wow! it is downloading over 3,000 emails. When that gets done I will need to do something about folders. They are all coming into my inbox. Thank you very much. You are awesome. Hope this will be worth it all. If it solves the SM crashes it will be.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Glad to hear it's working for you now.
marico

Post by marico »

Yes...managed to get all my folders etc. Now trying to figure out how to get my passwords. I'll work on that tomorrow. Don't want to mess it up and lose them.
Thanks again for all your help and God bless.
marico

Post by marico »

Dan...do you know anything about xul files? One time when I did an SM upgrade my password manager disappeared. I ended up doing a Chrome PM with an xul ext. and put int in my bookmarks in my default profile. I have my browser Passwd mgr back but I keep the one in bookmarks as well. I would like to move the BkMK file to my user 2 but I want to look into that file before I try to move it. Don't want to do something that might affect my pws in my default profile. Haven't found anything that will open it so I can view. And haven't found an addon for SM that works. I did down load an AMO BROWSING ext but it doesn't seem to be working.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I don't see how it would be risky to copy the file from the old profile to the new. That wouldn't remove or corrupt the original file, only duplicate the data in the new profile.

That said, see this article -- https://fileinfo.com/extension/xul