Loading Lag Times

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Dritz

Loading Lag Times

Post by Dritz »

Hi,
I just recently started having some pretty long loading times when trying to load a website with SM. This just started in the last couple of days. The "Stop" highlights in red like it should but keeps going. The green bar at the bottom right takes a good while and sometimes stalls. I thought maybe it was my internet speed so I checked that and it's "normal". I checked with Chrome to see if it has the same problem but it seems fine, loads fast like it should. So, I'm guessing it is something in SM. Any ideas what it might be? :-k
therube

Re: Loading Lag Times

Post by therube »

(2.49.4 has been out.)

Extensions
Cookies
Cache
"bloated" files - which I'm not recalling just which ones they were... ? perhaps some of those *store* files in your Profile ?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Dritz

Re: Loading Lag Times

Post by Dritz »

I am at a disadvantage with my cookies manager (and password manager). It doesn't work anymore, I get a script error. In previous conversations on the problem that others were also having, it was said that likely the cause was because we use the same profiles, like when I have to say reload SM, like I've had to do a couple of times with 2 new computers I purchased. I keep the profile mainly because of the folders I have created of various sorts and don't want to lose those. I did clear the cache. So, that leaves the extensions and bloated files, whatever those are. I think I checked the extensions once before when having the cookie/pw manager problems but I'll have to look into that again. I'm not clear what bloated files are but I'll search around the board and see what I can find. Thanks!