PDF Files No Longer Open In Browser

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
DPW49

PDF Files No Longer Open In Browser

Post by DPW49 »

Hi,
I'm currently running version 64.0 b6 , something has changed with my browser, previously when I clicked on a pdf file it would automatically open within the firefox browser. It's rather frustrating to me as a user of this great browser when a pdf file attempts to open using something other than firefox. I feel sure there MUST be some method to correct this issue. Even when I was using the stable version of the browser it was doing the same thing, yesterday I re-installed firefox, hoping that would correct the issue. As I remember, somewhere in the about:configure area a user has the ability to toggle an item that deals with 'pdf' files. all I know is that while using a different browser..say chrome or edge, the built-in pdf viewer still functions properly. As far as my operating system goes, I'm currently running :
Windows 10 Pro.1809 Edition 64-bit , Build # 17763.107
Thanks for any help provided.
David :roll:

Update: At least for now, I've installed the Foxit Reader software on my computer, until I can find a solution to correct the issue as to why pdf files aren't being opened within firefox.
lasardo

Re: PDF Files No Longer Open In Browser

Post by lasardo »

One about:config setting that disables the built in viewer is pdfjs.disabled , set to false to make sure the viewer is enabled. That is the default, so it is probably not your problem.
The file in your profile handlers.json controls what is launched on various file associations. You could, while the browser is closed, move it out of your profile or rename it and then try again.
DanRaisch

Re: PDF Files No Longer Open In Browser

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Builds where pre-release versions are discussed.