Auto-refresh a button type refresh?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FrankSMS

Auto-refresh a button type refresh?

Post by FrankSMS »

Some pages offer a button to refresh just one part of the page, I would think its a frame on the page. This saves resources as only a small part of the page needs to be refreshed. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a way of doing that automatically. I need it refreshed every few seconds. If I refresh the whole page it doesn't work as the focus is then in the wrong area. So I need to somehow get that refresh button clicked every few seconds automatically.

Any ideas? I searched Add-Ons but didn't see anything. Not sure of how I would describe it. Didn't seem to be anything under Refresh. I would think this is mighty useful sometimes. It sure would be for me!
Brummelchen

Re: Auto-refresh a button type refresh?

Post by Brummelchen »

refrsh tab or refresh iframe? IMO last i never seen for.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/sear ... %20refresh = nothing

for tabs https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/sear ... %20refresh
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

Should it be frame refresh? Or iframe?
Tried
iframe refresh
frame refresh
iframe reloader
frame reload

Didn't see anything relevant. Mozilla should put in a negative filtering ability on the Add-On page. There are so many Add-Ons. It would be so helpful. For me I wanted to filter out tab. But when I added -tab to the search I got nothing but tabs. So many people don't grasp the usefulness of negative filtration. It allows you to "cast a wide net" then filter the results. Its simply the best way of finding anything. Ebay is the king of this. So few sites have caught on. Amazon finally has but its nowhere near as good as Ebay. Of course Google employs this.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

conclusion: at least there exist nothing for iframes. put a request in dev-subforum here or write your own ;)
iframes are vital for some sites, but if you deal with issues i can tell you those are user made, in special -> profile defective.
there is nothing similar i had in the past, so its up on you.