SeaMonkey Mail

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
videobruce

SeaMonkey Mail

Post by videobruce »

How can I add "Addresses" to the Mail Toolbar while in the Inbox screen?
The one that is in the Compose screen that isn't in any of the Customize Toolbar add on buttons.

I'd like to have quick Address Book access w/o keyboard shorts or multiple clicks that are buried.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
DanRaisch

Re: SeaMonkey Mail

Post by DanRaisch »

At the bottom left of the Mail screen you should find that clicking on the right most icon will cause the address book to be displayed.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Thanks,
Can that be moved up where it's easier to see (and remember where it is)?
I didn't even see those four micro icons. It's bad enough they are mystery 'icons', add the location & size, might as well not be there.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If you hover the cursor over the icons you'll see the identity of each. As far as I know they can not readily be moved. Oerhaps there may be some CSS code that would relocate them but I am not aware of such.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

I'm aware of hovering, but then you are hovering over a bunch of icons which is annoying. But it still doesn't solve the lousy location. (Another to add to the feature requests :( )
But, thanks for the response.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Have you tried using the key combination Ctrl+5?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Yes, that works, but it's just another annoyance that is hidden and one has to remember.
What gets me, the 130 toolbar icons that are available (many duplicated) in Customize Toolbar Buttons, one would thing the AB would be one of them. It something that is regularly used, it shouldn't be hidden.
Opera Classic (v12.18) had their sidebar with all of that via one click (Mail, bookmarks, address book, history, downloads) if you wanted to use of of them. No hunting around in the menu bar or remember keyboard combinations. :wink:
It's very unfortunate that I was more or less forced to stop using it after probably 15 years, since I haven't found a better browser UI thou FF & SM are close.